Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dizzy, vomiting, Headache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Dizzy, vomiting, Headache

My husband has been having these really bad spells. He starts to become really dizzy/lightheaded then he vomits and gets a severe headahce and is sick for the rest of the day. He has no insurance and i was just wondering if anybody knows what this could be. If you have had or know of anyone who has had this please help me. I am getting very concerned. Thank you
do you know how long this has started, because it could be from you being pregnant. Some males do have pregnancy symptons during the 1st couple of months during your pregnancy
This could be a number of things, but off the top of my head, I would think it is possible that he suffers from migraines.  Migraines affect different people differently.  Some as a result are just sensitive to light, some have vision affected, some are so affected they are sick and vomit.  I have suffered from migraines all my life and had some minor ones and some really bad ones where I couldn't even open my eyes.  I would not just leave this without getting some sort of medical investigations done.  Most migraines are harmless (other than the pain associated with them) but some are symptoms of something much more serious, like growths or adenomas in the brain.  I say this because in 2003 I learned I had a growth on my pituitary gland, and if not caught by MRI, I would have never known.  If left untreated, could become fatal.  Some growths in the brain press on certain parts causing pain, pressure, dizziness and other symptoms.  It's hard to say definitively, without him having a CT scan or MRI.  I understand that he has no insurance, but if it ends up being something that they could have rectified early on, wouldn't you/he be very devastated finding out later that it is too late to do something about?  When it comes to health, find a way to get a diagnosis.  Peace of mind is priceless, as is someone's health.  Sometimes it can be as simple as pressure changes in the weather that causes pain like you are describing.  But I wouldn't want anyone to think that it is that simple.  I just want you to understand while best to be optimistic, you have to be reasonable when it deals with health issues.  It's great that you are looking for help here, but do not use this as your only diagnostic tool.  These answers you get are only advice.
In addition to anything I have mentioned, please keep in mind, that while I or others may have extensive knowledge in many areas, you should always seek professional medical advice from a/your own physician, as it pertains to medical conditions or concerns.
Good luck, and if you have any other questions that I can help you with, please feel free to message me directly.

Sincerely,
Sandi (Dragon1973)
MedHelp Down syndrome Community Leader
& Ds Group Forum Founder/Moderator
Sounds like migraines, he will need to seek medical attention, they can prescribe reglan to help control these painful episodes, but you can never be too sure, definitely have him go to the ER and get a workup. it's never worth worrying about medical insurance when your life could be at stake. Also ER's will always treat you regardless of if you have insurance or not and most hospitals have a low income program that help those in need with payments. Good luck and let me know how things go! sincerely, Elizabeth