Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dizzy spells and feeling lightheaded

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Dizzy spells and feeling lightheaded

Hi there.

I have had strange dizzy spells and a feeling of light headedness for a couple of days now.  

I feel as if I may pass out, but never do.  I was wondering if this is anything serious?

I am 25 years old, and generally fit and healthy.  I am getting my eyes tested next week as I have been straining them sat at my computer at work and when driving.  Also, I have this strange squelchy noise in my ears, a bit like after you've been swimming and you get water in your ears.  I don't know if these would be causing it or whether it could be something else?

Any advice would be appreciated.  Many thanks.
I forgot to mention on top of that, I have been extremely busy buying my first house, my dad is ill and I have been going for job interviews.  I don't know if this would affect the condition.

I am constantly really tired and yawning.

Thanks.

It sounds like it could be stress. I would consider trying meditation or hobbies that relax you. If it continues or get any worse, consider seeing a physician.
Thanks for your advice.

I saw my GP and she said it was a viral infection that is taking time to clear as I seem to be stressed and worn down.

I think a nice break is in order.

Take care x
Hi have you had any change recently ??  I have now started getting something similar and was wondering if yours has stopped..

Hey.
for some reason i've been experiencing the same symptoms.
Lightheaded, Dizzy a bit, Ears Ringing, Stomache feels a bit odd, and the sparkles in my eyes when i stare into a bright light or the sky. It is very odd. I went to my doctor about 3 months ago, & they said it could just be a sinus infection..but it just doesnt seem like it could be...I've felt like this for about almost 5 months now & its driving me NUTS!. I wish it would just go away, & i could be myself again. Any suggestions what this could be?
Please reply. Thank You
Alicia Marie
i have been having the same symptoms for a year now...the doctors cant seem to find out whats wrong,
i get pressure in my ear...i feel like i cant focus my eyes and i lose my balance, i cant bend over or look up..it's terrible feeling this way...sometimes i even feel weak....i have 4 kids to take care of and everyday is a battle. im going to see another ear dr. in 2 weeks so hopefully i can find out what is wrong with me..i want to feel like my old self again, i hate constanly feeling like im going to fall down.
if you find out whats wrong with you let me know.

Denise
Yeah. Lately i've been thinking it could be some what of depression. I've been feeling like i want to just get away from home and everyone. Still the same symptoms. Sometimes i feel like im just out of it and dont know whats wrong. I really wanna know whats wrong, like i dont feel like im gonna faint, i just feel really odd. Thanks for writing to my post.
Hopefully i find out whats wrong soon.

-alicia
Did your symptoms subside yet?
I have been having the same symptoms for over 10 years now. My doc has put me on anti-convulsant meds, but they dont' work at all. I have had every test done and everything comes back fine. I just got my license taken too because I have no control of these dizzy spells. It really takes a lot out of you and you must feel exhausted afterwards. I get 10-15 over the course of a day. How about you?

HI! MY NAME IS G-G . I RECENTLY WAS LAIDOFF FROM MY JOB.I,M MARRIED WITH THREE KIDS.I'VE BEEN HAVING THE DIZZY SPELLS FOR ABOUT A WEEK. WHEN I DRIVE THAT'S WHEN IT COME ON ME.LIKE IF  I STOP AT A LIGHT I HAVE THIS REALLY WIERD FEELING.
   I have been having symptoms of lightheadedness and dizzy spells for the past 16 months.  Accompanied with nausea and puking at times.  The doctors don't seem to have a clue.  Have had soo many tests done-blood tests MRIs ct scans.  Feel like I'm suffering everyday.  Just want to feel like myself again.  Feel like I'm always in a foggy haze-just barely there. Hope they figure out something soon.  Cannot go on this way for much longer.   It effects my life everyday.  I'm not very depressed or anything but just want to feel good and happy again.  Good Luck.  Must stay positive.  Starting to think it could be something to do with hormones?
I have had lightheaded and dizzy spells for 5 years now and because I am usually pregnant when it occurs the Dr. passes it off as pregnancy related. I am still having them and NOT preggo. Have your thyroid checked. You may be having symptoms from an underactive thyroid. The dizzy spells could be related to your heart which is also controlled by your thyroid and nausea and puking could be from feeling dizzy. Might be worth a shot to check have it checked. Good Luck!  P.S. my symptoms were thyroid related. My TSH level was at 10.
A related discussion, Dizzy spells and nausea - years now was started.