Dizzyness/lightheadedness WHILE I EAT/SWALLOW
I am going to try to explain this to the best of my abilities... There have been several times while I'm eating I feel like my throat is getting narrower like the food is being backed up and I need to take a drink in order to help the food go down. However when I do the sudden rush of what feels like my throat opening back up or the food going down makes me REALLY dizzy! I feel like I'm going to pass out for a minute. Then it goes away.

This has been happening to me for years. I'm in my early 30's and I am in athletic shape. Does anyone know what this is?

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There are two major possibilities, one is TMJ and the other is GERD or gastric reflux. The reverse flow of contents of the stomach cause a series of neurochemical transmissions, which cause dizziness. It is also related to changing pressure in the cochlear canals of the ear during this process. Take omeprazole empty stomach in morning along with antacid gels after meal during the day and see if it helps. If it does, consult a gastroenterologist. Otherwise consult an ENT specialist regarding TMJ.    At times TMJ does not produce classical symptoms but causes only dizziness while eating.
Hope this helps. Take care!