Dizzyness/sensitive to smells
This sounds very odd, but in the past month, whenever a certain smell comes my way, I become extremely dizzy, and very nauseous, almost to the point where I feel as if I will pass out.  After this episode, my heart starts to race, and even though it subsides, there is a feeling of deja vu that stays with me for hours.  It even happened while sleeping!  I was dreaming, and in the dream woke me when I smelled something, and it happened again.  I am quite concerned as I am on blood pressure medication, but have been on the same medication for over a year.  I work out daily, and have had no other symptoms such as pain.  None.  When I say this is odd, I can even bigin to fathom what this is.  Can you help?
Is the smell really there and the same every time?

I do know that migraines can have phantom smells as well as auras (flashing lights, etc).  Phantom smells can SOMETIMES be a symptom of a brain tumor.

Have you seen a doctor? I think I'd start there but this could also be anxiety.  
Thanks for answering me back, Diane.  I have not visited my doctor as yet because it sounds so odd to try and explain this.  I don't have any pain associated with these episodes.  The smells come on (which were quite normal before) when I'm cooking for instance.  I was preparing a dish when I had to put oregano in and I had one of those episodes.  It's the strangest thing.  Another is when I was putting lotion on after a shower.  It has (I know this sounds odd, too) horse liniment in it for joints.  I was at a holiday function where there were horse and carriage rides present.  When I went up to pet the horse the same smell engulfed me and the dizziness/nausea took over again.  I'm pretty agitated after that, and feel as if I'm experiencing deja vu which stays with me for quite a while, sort of like a memory that's right there, but I can't remember it.  It is a very strange feeling and hopefully, it will pass.  I just wish I could identify it.  Thanks again for responding.  It feels good to be able to talk about it.
Any chance of being pregnant?

When the hormones change like with a pregnancy, for example, a smell that you were OK with before may make you feel very nauseas and unwell.

Sometimes going through a particular event when a smell is present can also trigger off any memory.  Say for example you remember the smell of chocolate and you saw it but did not smell it, you wold be able to imagine that smell.  Or a particular smell may trigger off a memory of an event.