Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Do i need glasses ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Do i need glasses ?

I have been haveing  really bad headaches and feeling dizzy and been a bit shaky so i was wondering if i needed glasses ?
Sounds like hypoglycemia otherwise known as low blood sugar.I have it and so do several members of my family. Eating small frequent meals (every few hours) consisting of  wholewheat carbs lean protein and some healthy fat-totaling 250-300 cals should keep your blood sugar steady and help you avoid the crash that gives you the shakes, dizzys and headaches. Caffeine and sugar are best avoided because they spike your blood sugar quickly leading to a big blood sugar crash-also leaving you feeling yucky. hope you feel better:)
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Well, there is no harm in getting the vision tested. If you have headaches and hot flashes and lightheadedness with a feeling of passing out, you could be having either polycystic ovarian disease (if you are a female) or GERD with or without H pylori infection. These are the two conditions to be ruled out first. Other conditions to be strongly ruled out in your case could be cervical spinal nerve compression, Meniere’s disease of the ear, wax in the ear, infection of the middle or inner ear, benign positional vertigo and benign intracranial hypertension. Hence it is important to consult an ENT specialist and a neurologist too. At times back and neck problems may persist for years before they really start giving trouble. Chances of TMJ too should be looked into. Other causes are anemia, hypoglycemia or low sugar and some endocrine problems, such as an underactive thyroid (called hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (called hyperthyroidism), adrenal insufficiency (called Addison's disease),  and in some cases, diabetes, may lead to hypotension and hence lightheadedness and an off balance feeling. It can also be an anxiety and panic attack. It is really difficult to comment on the net. I suggest you consult your PCP to run the basic investigations and get an insight into what could be the cause. Depending on clinical examination and tests, your PCP can refer you to the appropriate specialist. Hope this helps. Take care!