Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Do you also smell "salt"?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Do you also smell "salt"?

I smell the musty, dusty but if I use regular salt - not sea salt - I can smell it as I add salt to food.  It's not a good smell at that level.  I'm guessing I'm smelling the gases.  The smells when using the restroom can be abnormally strong.   The smells are not just in my nose but in my throat as well.  The only thing that seems to help is drinking tons of water.  It also helps with a "hunger" pain that begins in the center of my diaphragm and continues left and right from there if I don't drink a ton of water and eat something.  I have added probiotics also to my attempt to feel better, and it also has helped with the symptoms.  However, if I don't drink a lot of water the smell and abdominal pains return.  My doctor just wants to add medicine without knowing what is causing the symptoms.  I don't think so.

This discussion is related to smelling musty odor-undiagnosed .
Tags: smells, abdominal pain, hunger pains, salt smells, water
1 Comment
Have you tried cutting salt out of your diet and see what happens in about a year? You might be consuming to much sodium. Salt can damage the arteries. Food has tons of sodium in it already, even if you cannot taste it. Try limiting the amount of salty foods you might be consuming. This might help your problem. It wouldn't hurt to try.