Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Doctors havent figured it out yet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Doctors havent figured it out yet

Its been 4 months and im still sick and the doctors still dont know whats going on with me. 4 months ago i was eating a slim jim and as soon as i finished my last piece i felt like it was stuck in my throat. The next day i went to the doctors and i got told that i had tonsil stones and was put on admoxicllion for 2 weeks. Well my tonsil stones went away but not the feeling like there was still something in my throat so i got told that  i had acid reflex and when the feeling still didnt go away they told me i had mono even though 2 mono tests had come back negative. So i waited a month and i still didnt get better. I was told that it would take time for my lymph nodes to go down and a couple more weeks for my tiredness to go away. Well the feeling in my throat ended up moving up more and stopped me from eating and i lost at least 14 pounds. I weigh 85 pounds now because ive lost so much weight i did weigh 99 pounds before i got sick. Now every time i eat the area in my throat that bothers me swells up which i told is lymph nodes which werent swelling before. I went to get tested for lymphoma and they couldnt find a lymph node big enough to take a sample because the lymph node they were going to use wasnt swollen any more. I went to an ENT and got a scope down my throat and a baruim swallow and they didnt find anything. Ive had blood test for just about everything. Im going to see another ENT on the 16th of January. My left arm is now starting to hurt and it might be from loosing weight and not eating but im not sure. Im drinking enure and eating tomato soup and ice cream just to keep my weight mantainted but its not healthy but i cant do anything about it. Hopefully i will get some answers soon. Just want to get better and back to my normal life. I had to quit my job and stop going to college because of this sickness and it all started with a slim jim.
I'm sorry ur sick. I'm not a doc but I have been sick n nobody knew what was wrong. the docs decided take out my tonsils n everything went away I rarely ever get sick again Oh n mono does take a long time for it to clear up n get back to normal my sister in law has had it for a long time her first test was neg then she went to her doc n it came up positive but it's a rare form of mono take some vitamins and eat healthy as much as possible I hope this helps good luck
Samantha,  what an awful story!!  I'm so sorry you're having to go through all this.

I think it's not the slim jim. I think that was somehow coincidental with this happening to you, but since they did the barium test,  there's nothing in there like a stuck slim jim that's causing you problems.  

Prayers for you,  and I truly hope you post back with updates.  
I went to another ENT and they did more tests and they said that its the muscles in my neck. They said the muscles are tight and that they want to do therapy with me to help relax the muscles.