Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Does my niece have a facial nerve disorder?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does my niece have a facial nerve disorder?

My niece is 4 years old. I would say till almost 3 years old, she drooled constantly at all times and for a long time she seemed to never be able to fully close her mouth. My sister could not get her off the pacifier as she tried staying on it for a very long time. Now she is 4 the drooling has stopped and she is no longer on the pacifier. But I've noticed another symptom that they say is recent. She has been winking her right eye often. It does not seem to be a controlled movement, but something that just happens, as if there is a problem with her facial nerves. Does anybody have any idea what this could be symptoms of? Please respond if you have any information.. Thank You.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Hi,

This may be a facial nerve disorder, and may have been caused by injuries, sometimes at birth.

This may also be a natural phenomenon called as tics and which is involuntary movement of normal muscles, which may be caused by some faulty circuitry in the connections of the brain.

I think you should get this examined from a neurologist who would be able to guide you further.

Let me know if you may have any other queries.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank