Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Does short sun exposure cause diarrhea even without stomach cramping?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does short sun exposure cause diarrhea even without stomach cramping?

This morning I was sitting indoors with the windows closed but in the sun, just getting warm. I must have sat in the sun for 1 and a half hours and it felt really good, no skin burn or anything, but about 1 hour later I had really watery diarrhea. I know it was nothing I ate because all I had was oatmeal, which is what I usually have in the morning. I didn't have a stomach ache, so where is the diarrhea coming from?

This discussion is related to Is this sun poisoning, and if so does diarrhea accompany?.
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
Your diarrhea is likely due to another cause. If you have no rash or skin problems, "sun poisoning" is not your problem.
Blank
Even if you are accustomed to eating oatmeal every day, it's still possible that it could be the culprit of your diarrhea.  It may also be due to something that you ate yesterday or even the day before - sometimes our stools don't get affected immediately from what we've eaten.

Some medications can cause very adverse reactions to sun/heat, even with short exposures, so if you're taking any medications, they may also be the culprit.

Did/do you have any other symptoms, such as dizziness, headache, nausea?

Blank
351246_tn?1379685732

Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The diarrhea could be due to something you ate even a day or two before. It is unlikely to be due to sitting in the sun. Take an OTC lactobacillus preparation and yoghurt with your meals. Drink plenty of fluids. Eat light, do not stay hungry but eat simple things like toast, porridge, cereals, crackers etc. Take ORS. Take over the counter antacid and antiemetic (this SOS for vomiting). Watch out for a day or two with this treatment. Take care!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank