Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dragged 30ft by a horse...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Dragged 30ft by a horse...

I'm 18 and three years ago i was thrown off my horse and my foot got stuck and i was dragged about thirty feet and i hit my head on a jump... I dislocated my shoulder and have had chronic neck and back problem's ever since. I have refused to give up my active life style and i still work out, play volleyball, and horse back ride... My muscles are strong and i'm in shape... I was just wondering if anyone knew how to ease the pain when it flares up badly? I go to a chiropractor but i'm looking for some at home remedies since i'll be going to college and i'll be poor. ha.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I am amazed at your zest for life after such a major injury. God Bless! There is a possibility that you have pinched nerves which cause more symptoms on particular days than on others. Pace yourself so that you do not overdo on the exercise level. Local muscle relaxants applied along with hot water bottle placed over the sore area, often does the trick. Maintaining the correct posture is a must. Also you must learn some exercises from the physiotherapist or the chiropractor that you can do on a daily basis. Having said all this, I still feel the need to tell you that you must consult a doctor and get a MRI of the upper cervical and thoracic spine and shoulder joint once. This alone can give you a correct picture of the damage done and whether active intervention is required or not.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
you havent given your body to go through the healing process,i would suggest another visit to your doctors to see what you can take when it do flare up,good luck back at college hope all goes well
OMG!  You're awesome... I can't believe that happened to you.

I have used the natural muscle relaxant by HEEL.  They seem to work very well.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Thank you so much!!!! I'm planning on going to the doctor when i renew my medical insurance.
A related discussion, Sensation of tightness or  feeling of wearing a tight socks. was started.