Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dry Mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Dry Mouth

My throat seems to close up at various times of the day and night, I start coughing, my eyes start to water and my throat has a bad tickle that makes me cough.  It's like someone sprayed air into my mouth.  When I sleep on my left side, I have noticed that it feels like my throat is closing up and I start coughing and my eyes water.
I have found  drinking some fluids helps, but I still cannot talk for a few minutes and my eyes water.  If you have heard anything or found help, please help!

Went to ENT and was told there is nothing wrong with me. I cried all the way home. I am not one to make things up. I go to a doctor only when I have to.

Just as a side note, I do not smoke.

I feel hopeless right now! Why do doctors make us feel like that sometimes? Nanc

This discussion is related to throat closing up.
You may have an allergy or a virus.

Buy some medicated lozenges and use those as directed on the packet.  Don't eat them like sweets, following the instructions how to use them safely.

Drink fluids and water throughout the day (not fizzy drinks).   Hot water with lemon and honey.  

Make an appointment to see your doctor to find out if it is a virus that you have that is affecting your pharynx or whether it is an allergy.

Although the ENT said there was nothing wrong, you clearly have a problem,  but the good news is that there is nothing serious.
Go see an holistic ND now!! Also it sounds like you have thyroid issue. Get some (dulce,or seaweed,nori type) ingest. If your throat stops causi.g issuesalmost immediately , its your thyroid. Dr Brownstein has an online video. Stop all BROMELIAN. It kills thyroid activities and greatly harms one. As does, ceral,gluten,pasta, breads and sodas. All contain (unless not on label)BROMELIAN. Drs actually ignorantly prescribe Bromelian!! Don't take, pkease try seaweed, dulce or miso, unfermented soy. See if that helps. Everyone in the world is affected by thyroid and bromelian if they ingest in the afore mention foods. See an naturalist holistic ND dr. Get rid of your conventional drs. Drdata online will also help with at home testing supplies to ease medical testing cost. Simple to do, easy on the budget. Good luck! Also check out Brenda Watson boojs, ingest 50 billion probiotics and prebiotics EVERYDAY. Eat macadamians every day or pecans with EVERY meal or snack. Also, if the dulce etc doesnt resolve your issue, I would highly recommend getting your cartoids checked. You could have an blockage, significant. Peace
I have the same problem. Even if I am properly hydrated, I find that about late afternoon I get the tickle along with eye tearing and coughing. Water barely helps to get rid of the itch.