Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dull Pain After Drinking Alcohol
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dull Pain After Drinking Alcohol

I drink nearly every day; usually a little and sometimes alot.  For about a year now, after a good night of drinking, I have noticed a dull pressure just under the lowest rib on my left side.  At first it would go away after a few hours; but as time goes on, it lingers more and more.  I have stopped drinking from time to time, and for awhile of course it helps, but when I start again, it comes right back.  Another observation is... several months ago, my (ex)girlfriend called me to say that she had picked-up a social disease; I know, GREAT!  Anyway, I go to the free clinic, and they give me a single dose of FLAGIL  [fla-jill] (I think the spelling is correct?) and send me on my way.  Of course I did not drink that week as I wanted the antibiotic to work; however, when I resumed drinking, there was no dull pressure???  It took about a month before I noticed it was returning.  The dull pain, not the sexual disease that is.  Obviously I like to drink and probably always will.  Many in my family drink and do not have the same issues, which makes me wonder if the symptoms are a result of something else... which surfaces after drinking?   Any suggestions?