Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Dull sharp pain on left upper side under rib cage toward back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

This morning when I got to work all of a sudden I got a dull sharp pain on the left upper side, right under the rib cage area more toward the back.  It has been constant now for a couple of hours.  It feels better if I put pressure on it, but that is about it.  Moving, sitting, standing, stretching, there is no change in the pain.  Not quite sure what caused it to start as I haven't hit it or doing any kind of heavy lifting or anything that I could think to cause pain.  I'm female and 21 years old.  Any idea what this could be and if I should be seeking medical attention?  
First, I am not a doctor or nurse. I have had numerous collapsed lungs, plurodesis,tension pneumothorax and lund surgeries. I am in no way an expert. I am only offer my opinion. Have you ever had an history of lung issues. Are you tall and thin? If the pain continues and becomes much worse I would recommend you might need to seek medical advice.  One kind of crazy question?  If you lean over to you feet does this make you breathing seem unbareable, or make your breaths sounds funny? If so then go to the er, you could have a minor collapsed lung, or Pleurodesis which is when the lining around the lung becomes inflammed and can be very uncomfortable and even painful.  These symptoms could easily be a mild back ache and in no way related to your lungs. please don;t let me worry you. you know your body bettre than anyone and you should no when something feels wrong enough to seek medical attention.  Good luck.
yes seek medical attention if it goes from the front all the way to the back it might be your liver... just go to the doctor to mske sure its not