Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
EBV??
About This Forum:

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

EBV??

Hi, I’m a 26yo male, 145lbs, 5’9”.
In April/May, I began to experience daily fatigue and some dizziness episodes.

Then in June after it became more frequent, I went to the doctor and I was diagnosed with EBV via a blood test. I’ve never had the “usual” symptoms such as a sore throat, swollen glands, fever, headaches or extreme fatigue. I was just feeling tired, dizzy and spacey at times. Between June and July, more symptoms appeared: joint pain in the knees spreading to the calves and thighs, extreme fatigue lasting 3-4 hours, muscles spasms in the legs, RLS for a month, panic attack at night, waking up 3-4 time a night, double vision, difficulty to concentrate…

Some of the symptoms slowly disappeared between July and August like panic attacks, RLS, waking up 3-4 time a night and muscle spasms. In the meantime, a blood work was done and nothing showed up. A thyroid ultrasound was also done and showed very little nodules but the doctor said it was fine. For the doctor, that was all stress related.

In September/October, all the symptoms disappeared (except fatigue). The problem is: Each time I do too much (work too late, work out or go to bed late), I relapse into the same symptoms: Fatigue, feeling spacey, difficulty to concentrate, joint pain, mild RLS at times, stuffy nose or hangover feeling.

Since October, I’m taking multi-vitamin and protein supplement and I feel less fatigued. However, if I do too much, it’s the same thing for 2/3 days. Whether I stay in bed all day or not, no change.

=> Do you think this follows the normal recovery process of EBV or is there anything else going on? I really don’t know what to do as my doctor doesn’t seem to care about all this. Thanks.

PS: After complaining 3 times about the white coating on my tongue, the doctor decided to do a culture and found some kind of candida. He gave me nystatin for 7days.