Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Ear Pressure Build-up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Ear Pressure Build-up

I am a 28 year old male.  I have been dealing with an almost constant build-up of pressure in my right ear for the past 5 years.  It feels very similar to when you are ascending in a plane and need to release the pressure by yawning or chewing.  Throughout the day I frequently have to adjust my jaw to release the pressure.  This ear is especially sensitive to loud noises, especially high-pitched tinny sounds.  When there is pressure in the ear, something like a hair-dryer or even a loud voice will cause a sort of static-like feedback sound in my ear.  I will often get headaches when this happens.  When I talk a lot or sing it can become especially irritated.  

Perhaps on a related note, I sometimes have a popping sensation in my jaw (which I suspect may come from orthodontic equipment I had when I was younger).

I've had the ear examined by multiple ear doctors and they said that everything appears normal inside the ear.  One said that it could be a deformed Eustachian tube, but did not offer any recommendations.  If this is in fact true, then why would it have started in my early twenties?  Is there anything that can be done to fix it?  Could it be symptomatic of something bigger?
hold your nose in close ur mouth breath out 40 time ever other 30 min this will help release air that has build up
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
What you have sounds a lot like TMJ. You have to press on muscles of your face to look for sore points. To get some relief you can try massaging the sore muscles.  Massaging the muscles does not help every one. Also if the procedure is nor correct, then it can further aggravate the problem. Then massage these points with short strokes. To massage the masseter muscles on each side of your jaw, place your thumb inside your mouth and squeeze the thick muscle in your cheek with your fingers. To massage the jaw muscles inside your mouth, use your index finger to probe and massage these spots.
Moist heat or cold packs on the face, vitamin supplements, or biofeedback are useful for some people. Usually people find a method that brings relief by trial and error. Consult an ENT specialist.
You must consult a well trained Neuromuscular Dentist for an evaluation. You will need to get a CBCT or a 3D CT Scan done.  This will give the position of your TMJ concyles in relation to the ear. A more posterior placement can cause dizziness for some patients. Also, it is important to evaluate whether additionally you have elongated, calcified Stylomandibular Ligaments. This can cause pain while bending the neck and turning.
If it is blocked Eustachian tube, then doing a valsalva maneuver (Done by taking a deep breath and blowing while pinching your nostrils and closing your mouth) will help. This will help clear the secretions in the tube that connects the back of your throat with your ear.
Hope this helps. Take care!