Ear numbness?
a few months ago I had numbness in my 1 ear.  The pain went away for a while, but lately my ear randomly goes numb. it usually stays around my ear (doesnt spread down my face). And sometimes i get ringing in it.

Also i've had a bump in front of my ear that sometimes stings. i'm not sure if these things could b related.
(they're both with the same ear)

This discussion is related to sevier ear pain followed by facial numbness and paralysis.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you have a lump on the pinna of the ear then you need to get this investigated. It could be causing sensory nerve damage or pressure on nerves and hence numbness. Lump on era cab ne infection, exzema, dermatitis or even cancer. Ear numbness can also be due to pinched cervical spinal nerves, TMJ, peripheral neuropathy as in diabetes, ear infection, cold and in Bell’s palsy, trigeminal neuralgia where a spasm may cause numbness, or due to acoustic neuroma which is a benign tumor of the eighth cranial nerve. It can also be atypical migraine. Please consult a neurologist, skin specialist (if need be) and an ENT specialist as it is difficult to diagnose on net.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!