Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Ejaculating Blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Ejaculating Blood

A few years ago I was masturbating when I ejaculated blood.  It was a LOT of blood and came out pretty steady; it wasn't like there was a little bit.  I was terrified but I stupidly didn't go to the doctors.  The blood soon clotted inside of my penis and I had to push very hard next time I went to urinate.  I pushed as hard as I could and a huge clot of blood finally came out along with a steady stream of urine mixed with DARK red blood.  It burned like crazy.  I waited a few weeks after that before ejaculating again and everything was fine.

Then about 8 months later I was having sex with my girlfriend and the same thing happened.  I ejaculated enough blood to completely fill a condom and it flowed out of the sides.  Again, I was terrified.  This time I tried to push like I did the first time but nothing came out.  I figured I would try again in the morning and I went to bed.  I woke up the next morning and still couldn't go.  By 5 PM that night I could feel the pressure building in my bladder and it was REALLY starting to hurt.  I finally bit my lip and went to the emergency room.  They stuck a catheter in me and drained a TON of blood, urine and huge red blood clots.  I tore my ACL in high school and the catheter compared to that painwise was not even on the same scale.  I had never hurt this much in my life.  They ended up hooking up this thing that flushed my bladder out with a saline solution via some double-tubed catheter.  Once they were satisfied that my bladder was blood-free, they told me to try and urinate.  I couldn't, 4 hours later.

They put the catheter back in (ow :((() and admitted me to the hospital.  They did a ridiculous amount of tests over the next 4 days and none of them provided an answer.  They X-Rayed me twice; once just laying on a table and once by putting that fluid stuff into me and watching it go through my body.  They did a bunch of STD tests and they all came out fine.  The whole time I was having saline solution pumped into my bladder by one catheter tube and removed from another.  The solution would go in clear and come out tinted red with a few little blood clots every now and then.

By the 4th day, they figured they ran out of options so they put me under and did some procedure where they put a camera inside of my urethra (...)  That also proved fruitless as they said that everything looked fine with the exception of a tiny bit of scarring on my bladder wall.

They sent me home.  12 hours later I still couldn't urinate so I went to the urologist that I spoke to at the hospital.  They put a catheter in me and told me to come back in a month.  After the most painful month in my life (have you ever gotten an erection while having a catheter in your penis? oh my god), I returned and they took it back out.  The lady pumped what seemed like a gallon of water into my bladder, handed me a bucket, and told me to urinate.  It burned but I did it.  Blood-free too.

The urologist said he had no idea why what had happened had happened.  Then he proceeded to say "yeah, that'll happen sometimes."  I'm relatively sure this isn't a normal thing for healthy 23 year old males to go through.

About a month later I got an erection that started leaking blood.  I had been too terrified to try ejaculating the entire month so I waited for the erection to subside.  Once it did I went to try and urinate, and couldn't.  A tiny bit of bloody urine seemed to squeak through the crack in my urethra.  I kept returning to the bathroom every 10 minutes and a little bit came out each time.  Finally during one of my trips to the bathroom, I passed the blood clot.  It was massive and followed by a steady stream of dark red blood/pee.

I returned to the urologist and he gave me a prostate exam.  He said everything felt fine.  I also got more x-rays and they ruled out any kidney stones.

It's been about 10 months since all this happened and I still go through EVERY SINGLE DAY terrified that it will happen again.  I've gotten no answers from the doctors and its cost me a ton of money just to attempt to return to normalcy.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this?  I've been taking multivitamins and drinking cranberry juice and doing everything I can think of to try and stay healthy but whenever I feel a tiny twinge of pain below the waist, I panic.

I hate living in fear of this happening again.
Heh nobody has ANY advice?
ask your doctor to check for prostatitis it is an infection that requires several weeks of anitbiotics it sounds like your symptoms match the diagnosis good luck
Im 27 for 2 months ive had the same @#$%ing  problem , your all right doctors dont seem to give a dam , next week i will be seeing a uroligist and fear to hear the word no diagnosed , i cant live like this , sex keeps me SANE!!!  just to see for commons , i smoke , drink alot , walk alot , dont drink enough water and im sexually active , anybody have commons?