Electric/Metalic Taste in mouth?
A few days ago I was sitting in bed on my computer when I started experiencing what I can only call an electric taste in my mouth similar to putting a penny on one's tongue, or sucking on a battery.( primarily on the tip of my tongue and the back where the spit glands are but overall the whole mouth). At first it didn't seem to be a worry, something that was actually kinda interesting, but now it has been 3 days or so and I am still sensing it. I've tried drinking water, eating some salt, etc, but nothing seems to have much affect for more than a minute or so before it comes back. I also get a light light headed feeling, nothing that affects my sight or movement, but still a present feeling; as well as  a slight nausea that comes and goes. Any one have any idea what this might be?
I also have minor fatigue and loss of focus a bit every so often.

Thanks for writing to the forum!
Altered taste in mouth is a common side effect of many medications. It could be due to infection of gums or cavities in teeth. It could also be an abnormal perception of altered taste called dysgeusia. GERD and heart burn too cause metallic taste in mouth. Post nasal drip as in sinusitis too is a common cause. Certain dentures and artificial tooth or filling of dental cavities too give a metallic taste. Poor oral hygiene, copper or lead toxicity and Sjogren’s syndrome are other causes.

Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. You should see a dentist regarding this. Also your family physician can help you in this. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Thanks for posting Doctor! I probably should have mentioned that I hadn't brushed my teeth in probably 3 days prior (Had been camping (No pathogens in the area I assure you!) and drinking soda), and haven't been taking any medication or had any medical abnormalities or issues for a few weeks to speak about. I've been eating mild foods and haven't eaten anything spicy for a good while. I do have some sort of fillings on top of my teeth (fingers crossed they're not amalgums) but no dental work for a good year almost (probably should get a check up). The taste specifically is a metalic/electric taste, though I'm not sure if that is a sign of anything in this case. Some had me worried that I should see a neurologist, but I'm hoping that that is not a requirement=S! It seems to go away when I eat, but only for a few minutes, and I could be imagining it, but I'm getting weird sensations throughout my body that come and go, and though probably from not having eaten in a few hours, I was finding it hard to concentrate on my work in class today; kept drifting off and such.
Thanks for keeping me posted!
OK here are a few tips for you. Try them. They should help. Having citrus juices, lemonade and foods marinated in vinegar. They help in washing away the metallic taste by producing more saliva. Brush your teeth and your tongue with a tongue cleaner at least twice in a day and surely at bedtime. It will help in lessening the metallic taste. Vit C tablets, over the counter oral mouthwashes will help fight the taste.

I’ll be surprised if these tips do not help. If they don’t, you’ll have to see a doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
An update! it tastes like a sour liquid nowlike a warhead or some other candy!!
I don't mean to make u nervous but I read somewhere that it could be an effect or metallic poisoning like lead . ALthough, I just read it and I am not a doctor.

Hope you'll have a doctor check you .

GOd bless
A related discussion, Electrical mouth and all over body was started.