Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar universal
Electric shock
I got an electric shock while trying to plug is and electrical cord in a wall out let,it shot up my left arm and side and I feel a little tingling in my finger and foot and a LITTLE numbness down my leg. Any suggestions as what I should do
Discussion is closed
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar universal
Hi Sandy, Is your heart rate raised or is it normal? And do you have any burn marks on your skin?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
sorry i meant heart beat/rate
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
follow up with ur doctor, what u felt was an extra electrical charge being sent down by ur nerves, make sure ur symptom goes away if not u might need a neurologist
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
351246 tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In all probability this will settle down once the effect of shock wears off. Plenty of fluids and multivitamin pills will help. However, it is important to consult a doctor to see if there has been any lasting damage. Take care!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
144586 tn?1284669764
There is nothing that can be done and you will be absolutely positivelty fine.

The important thing is to get an electrician to look at the outlet and the appliance! There is no reason you should have received a shock!

As much as I hesitate to disagree with Drnee, who most always gives much better advide that I do, there is no point in wasting time and money to visit a physician. There is no known test in the universe that can be used to measure any damage. I have received many shocks over the years, and they amounted to nothing.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources