Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Electrical pulse in left foot!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Electrical pulse in left foot!

I seem to keep getting an electric pulse in my left foot. Almost like a vibration as though I am standing on a platform where a train is going past and the ground shakes. My foot doesn't move visably, but it is just like a small electric pulse, quite frequent, like clockwork. Does anyone know why this might be?
I have this symptom as well - have for nearly a year. What other symptoms do you have? This makes a huge difference in what it could be. Also any other conditions you have, for example diabetes would be helpful to know. Been to the doc?

Penn
I have CIDP and get those all the time. Have you ever had an EMG done? Peripheral Neuropathy will cause those sensations. There are many many causes of that. Neorontin is about the only thing that helps when I get that. The sensation is not dangerous in itself, but could indiacte nerve dammage.

Hope this helps

Ame
I too have these electric shock like pains across the top of my foot.  After many scans, I was sent to a specialst who diagnosed me within 5 minutes!  He simply tapped on the underside of my outside ankle and it sent a fuzzy feeling down to my toes.  This, he said is a neuroma, trapped or damaged nerve.  He gave me lyrica ( a drug to calm down the nerve endings) which worked for about a month, in hope it would heal itself.  Unforturnately, it got worse a week ago and he now says I need surgery to loosen the nerve or place it elsewhere.  This I am happy to do.  It's done on an outpatients basis and has a very good success rate.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Hope it helps

waltonsdownunder1
Has anyone heard of acupunture helping the feet?  Someone told me that the feet are what takes us forward in life (the way they see it - you know) and if we are stressed or unsure of the right path to go, it can cause many feet problems.  I'd be interested to know any more info.  Anyway, I'm gonna go for a free consultation today to see what they say.  Anythings worth a go before the drastic measures of surgery.  Once again, I'll let you know what they say.

waltonsdownunder1
It has been like 7months since your last post. So do you still feel the electrical pulse in your left foot? Recently I got the same problem. It attacks nearby my left knee. It last for like 5 sec. Its so painful. Do you take any medicine. Kindly advice.

Joe