Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Endometriosis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Endometriosis

For several months now, I've been dealing with lower abdominal pain, and it's coming to pass that we're believing it might be endometriosis.  Now, suddenly, there is blood passing in both my urine and my stool (on occasion); could this be the endometriosis?  Is it the scarred uterine tissue invading other organs and breaking down?  I'm also starting to run a fever and otherwise just really feel like crud.  I haven't been able to go to classes cuz of the pain, and that's ruining my school record.  Is it just the endometriosis causing all of this, and if so, how quickly do I need to meet the surgeon?
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
Your symptoms can be endometriosis but you do need to get into see a doctor to make sure. Specially if your running fevers and ect. You may have an infection going on as well.

I have endometriosis myself and no its no fun!

Good luck!
Lisa
Blank
Hi,

' Major symptom of endometriosis is severe recurring pain. The amount of pain a woman feels is not necessarily related to the extent or stage of endometriosis.

Symptoms of endometriosis can include (but are not limited to):

- dysmenorrhea - Painful, sometimes disabling menstrual cramps; pain may get worse over time (progressive pain)
- Chronic pelvic pain - typically accompanied by lower back pain and/or abdominal pain, painful sex , painful bowel movements
- Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea
- dysuria - Urinary urgency, frequency, and sometimes painful voiding
- Infertility and subfertility. Endometriosis may lead to fallopian tube obstruction.

Some women may also suffer mood swings and fatigue.

In addition, women who are diagnosed with endometriosis may have gastrointestinal symptoms that may mimic irritable bowel syndrome.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endometriosis

The only way to confirm and diagnose endometriosis is by laparoscopy or other types of surgery. The diagnosis is based on the characteristic appearance of the disease, if necessary corroborated by a biopsy. Laparoscopy also allows for surgical treatment of endometriosis.

Generally, endometriosis-directed drug therapy is utilized after a confirmed surgical diagnosis of endometriosis.

Let us know if you need any other information and do review with your OBG.

Regards.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...