Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Epstein Barr Virus, unusuak swelling, painful joints, Muscle pain and s...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Epstein Barr Virus, unusuak swelling, painful joints, Muscle pain and sometimes weakness,....and other symtpoms

Hi, I have been having severe swelling in my back that has been present for about 3 years. I now have extreme swelling around my ankles and feet that had started in July 09. . It looks like a softball is under my skin on the outside of my ankle and it is painful. Since the swelling I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I just recently had a current epstein bar infection that was elevated. I already had Mono in high school and was now infected again.  I also have swelling in my right lower arn that extends into my hands, i can't close the hand. In that same arm not right now but sometimes my ring and pinkie finger go numb. I had a cervical spine xray and that came back normal, so it is not from my spine. I do have degenerative disc disease in my L5 S1 area. I also have pain in joints and muscles all over my body. And just 2 days ago i was in the hospital with colitis. I don't know if all theses symptoms are related or what it might be. In my past mediacl history I had a positive ANA result, but was told i did not have lupus. I also have endometreosis and PCOS. If anyone could help me or have any suggestions on what this might be? Any autoimmune disease that have some of these symptoms? Any suggestions would really help. Thank you so much !!!!!
Have they checked your heart for heart failure & your kidney function?  Have they checked you for Cushing's syndrome?  What about your FSH level regarding your PCOS? Have they checked for a pituitary tumor?  You might consider the ulnar nerve when it comes to the numbness in your right pinky and ring finger.  I was having tingling in my pinky on one hand and a health care professional suggested that to me.  She asked if I leaned on my elbow a lot or something.  I discovered while I sat on a computer chair that I was leaning on that arm on the chair arm and that's probably what aggravated the ulnar nerve.  
See also PM.
Thank you for replying. I have had an echo for my heart and everything is normal. My kidneys have been tested and my BUN and CREAT are normal as well as a CAT scan showed normal kidneys. I was looking into Cushing, and will discuss that with my endocinologist. My FSH level  was normal, I have a family history of hypopituitarism my grandfather's 2 brothers and sisters had that. I have not had any scans of my brain or head. Maybe that will be the next step. I thank you again for your help!!!! God Bless!!
See if you can't get a dynamic MRI of your pituitary specifically with and without contrast with a 3T or T3 machine.  I just learned about these newer MRI machines recently.  The magnet is stronger I was told and they can pick up more detail!  God does bless me in so many ways and I don't deserve any of them!