Excessive dreaming
My daughter has excessive dreams every night, to such an extent, that she feels exhausted and tired all the time. Dreams vary from past childhood happenings/friends/family to dreams which do not make sense, "clear" dreams. She even mentions that she wakes up and as soon as she falls asleep again, she carries on dreaming the dream she woke up from.
She has been involved in an accident (with serious head injury) a couple of years ago, could this have an influence on her dreaming?
I REALLY DOUBT THAT THE ACCIDENT HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT BUT IM NO EXPERT IVE BEEN HAVEING THOSE KIND OF DREAMS THAT CARRY ON SINCE I COULD REMEMBER AND THEY SEEM VERY REAL AND THEYRE MOSTLY NIGHTMARES AND FOR BEING SO SCARED ARE ACTULLY RUNNING IN MY SLEEP I THINK THATS WHAT MAKES YOU EXHAUSTED ALSO FROM HAVEING SUCH LONG DREAMS YOU DONT GET VERY MUCH "REAL" SLEEP I FIND IT HARD TO ACTUALLY GO TO SLEEP AT NIGHT SO I DONT KNOW HOW OLD SHE IS BUT TAKING BENEDRYL BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP HELPS ME SLEEP HARDER THEREFORE I HAVE LESS DREAMING TIME BECAUSE PEOPLE DREAM WHEN THEYRE IN A LIGHT SLEEP ANYWAY I HOPE THIS HELPS ALSO HAVING BACK UP SOUND IN MY ROOM HELPS ME SLEEP HARDER FOR ME ITS A FAN GOODLUCK
Yes, it very well could. Keep in mind that some of the dreams are family related. You need to find out if they are scary dreams and if so, you need to confront them. Ask her what she is dreaming about and have her talk about it. Also, I hope she is getting at least 8 hours of sleep each night. You should probably make it more. If the problem persists you might want to get her a CAT scan, or get her a MRI. Hope this helped :)
It might. I get dreams like those but not to the extent of being tired  when I wake up. If you get really concerned, take her to the doctor's and see what they think. hope this helps
Fatigue can also be related to the head injury.  Irrespective of the dreaming.

I would talk to the doctor about this because it is significantly affecting her.

I would also recommend psychotherapy to help address the underlying issues and also as a way forward.  It sounds like there is a lot of unprocessed material there.
A lot of trauma and a lot of life changes.