Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Excruciating pain in inner thighs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Excruciating pain in inner thighs

I have this excruciating pain in my inner thighs from time to time.  It lasts for 5+ minutes  Is this a blood clot? I cannot tolerate it very well when it happens.  I am 70 years old and am worried as to what it can be.
Hi if your worried about a blood clot I would see your medical practitioner.

This pain is a lot more common then you realise. It could be many things, trapped nerve, muscle spasms, problems with varicose veins and other stuff.

When did it start did you fall or anything?
These symptoms are a hallmark of peripheral artery restriction, known as intermittant claudication. The diagnosis is confirmed with a simple painless non-invasive dopplar examination of both legs. This involves sliding an untrasonic disc over the surface of both legs emitting sound that is then detected when reflected. The can be life-threatening and potentially cause loss of the legs, so it is important to have the problem addressed. Treatment may involve a stent, a balloon inserted in the femoral artery to open the vessel, medications to reduce the probability of clots (an aspirin a day should do fine), omega 3 fish oil (to increase the lubricosity of the blood cells) or chelation. The specialist who makes the evaluation is a vascular specialist.
Thank you for your kind advice.  I will see my doctor now as I didn't think it was worth worrying him.  Thank you Julia
Thank you so much for the very informative information.  I will now see my doctor as it is such an awful pain.  Thank you again
Thank you so much for caring about me.  No I did not fall and the pain started aboput twelve months ago, I am now waiting to see my doctor - thanks you for your efforts.
Kind regards
Julia
Thank you so much for your very informative information.  I have taken all what you have said on board and now waiting to see my doctor.  Thank you so very much.
This person really gave me such enlightening information and I am taking his/her advice.  I am so grateful.  Julia
The simple way to know if you have a clot in the leg is it inflames an go's red it has a bad burning and cramping feeling that dose not go away. The doctor can do an e.c.g on you and tell you if you have one. they tell you not to move about and give you blood thin'rs to get rid of the clot.