Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Experiencing Chronic Left Upper Inner Thigh Leg Throbbing
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Experiencing Chronic Left Upper Inner Thigh Leg Throbbing

For the last 3+ weeks I have been experiencing painful throbbing in my upper inner left thigh. I am a relatively healthy female and have never had any type of surgery.  I eat very healthy and my only bad habit is a morning Starbucks. I am also not over weight, 5'9" 130 lbs.

The pain (throbbing) comes and goes and thus far I haven't noticed any cause to attribute to why it starts (i.e. it happens when I'm active, or relaxing, or even at times when I am sleeping - which wakes me).  The pain also is becoming increasing worse and longer at each occurence. There are no other symptoms.

My thigh shows no signs of bruising and it is tender to the touch but only during the time I'm experiencing the pain.

I also have not had any athletic injury that ties to this pain.

I'm hoping you can give me info as to a possible cause.  Thanks in advance for your valuable time.
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
This type of pain can be pelvic in origin.  Or are you standing a lot or new shoes.

Good luck.
Blank
Thanks pum.  I am wearing flipflops this summer.  Which I've never really done.  I have a very high arch in my foot. Perhaps its the wearing of flat footwear.

I'm wondering if perhaps working on my laptop has contributed.  I'm on the thing at a minimum from homes 6-8 hrs a day once home from work.  I sit on my bed with it on my lap, as I work and watch TV. I've been doing this same scenario for years (6+).  

Any feedback on that?
Blank
Well, both of those are pretty easy to check ie stop doing them and see if it improves.

If not then maybe it is pelvic.  I had leg pain for years that I couldn't pin down until I got pregnant and it went away like a miracle.  So it was endo or something.  Unfortunately it has come back again but at least I know it's pelvic now.
Blank
Hmm, my family has a history of Endo. Wondering if I should go see my Gyno.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank