Exposed nerve endings
For the past decade or so, I have had an exposed nerve ending in the tip of my thumb. Most times I am fine, but if I hit it the wrong way, it sends an excruciating pain up my arm that almost brings me to my knees. I can't bare it. I went to the doctor looking for answers, with no luck. I just decided to live with it. Well yesterday, just out of the blue, another finger on the same hand started feeling the same way. It is down just a bit so it is right where, no matter what I do, I am banging the nerve, sending that dreaded pain up my hand and into my arm. I am not even 100% sure it is exposed nerve endings, but that is what it seems like to me. I don't think it could be anything else. Anyway, I just don't know what to do. I can't live with it forever in that spot, I can barely even use that hand properly now. I didn't even do anything to that hand yesterday so I don't know WHAT could have caused it. Does anyone have any ideas? Could it be a deficiency in something, maybe? Please help!
I couldn't begin to tell you what is wrong but perhaps try going to a chiropractor and telling them what you are feeling.  There could be a nerve that is being pinched or a bone that is out of its joint a bit and when hit is causing you pain.  I know it sounds weird, but I went to a chiropractor due to IBS.... I had some bones out of place in my back causing signals to get interupted.... now i have a fully functioning digestive system....