Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Exposed nerve endings

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Exposed nerve endings

For the past decade or so, I have had an exposed nerve ending in the tip of my thumb. Most times I am fine, but if I hit it the wrong way, it sends an excruciating pain up my arm that almost brings me to my knees. I can't bare it. I went to the doctor looking for answers, with no luck. I just decided to live with it. Well yesterday, just out of the blue, another finger on the same hand started feeling the same way. It is down just a bit so it is right where, no matter what I do, I am banging the nerve, sending that dreaded pain up my hand and into my arm. I am not even 100% sure it is exposed nerve endings, but that is what it seems like to me. I don't think it could be anything else. Anyway, I just don't know what to do. I can't live with it forever in that spot, I can barely even use that hand properly now. I didn't even do anything to that hand yesterday so I don't know WHAT could have caused it. Does anyone have any ideas? Could it be a deficiency in something, maybe? Please help!
1 Comment
I couldn't begin to tell you what is wrong but perhaps try going to a chiropractor and telling them what you are feeling.  There could be a nerve that is being pinched or a bone that is out of its joint a bit and when hit is causing you pain.  I know it sounds weird, but I went to a chiropractor due to IBS.... I had some bones out of place in my back causing signals to get interupted.... now i have a fully functioning digestive system....