Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Exposed nerve endings
About This Community:

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Exposed nerve endings

For the past decade or so, I have had an exposed nerve ending in the tip of my thumb. Most times I am fine, but if I hit it the wrong way, it sends an excruciating pain up my arm that almost brings me to my knees. I can't bare it. I went to the doctor looking for answers, with no luck. I just decided to live with it. Well yesterday, just out of the blue, another finger on the same hand started feeling the same way. It is down just a bit so it is right where, no matter what I do, I am banging the nerve, sending that dreaded pain up my hand and into my arm. I am not even 100% sure it is exposed nerve endings, but that is what it seems like to me. I don't think it could be anything else. Anyway, I just don't know what to do. I can't live with it forever in that spot, I can barely even use that hand properly now. I didn't even do anything to that hand yesterday so I don't know WHAT could have caused it. Does anyone have any ideas? Could it be a deficiency in something, maybe? Please help!