Extreme Itching Throughout Body
Asian Male of 20 years of age.

Symptoms: Extreme itching all over body if exerted in any way. The itching seems to be almost within the skin.

The problem seems to have started around 2 years ago. I would run or excercise and when my body was a little exerted or I sweated I would become very very itchy for about 20 minutes, and then the itchiness would disappear for the rest of the day. Ignored problem is trivial or even a normal symptom of dried skin.

Now: The itchiness seems to have elevated to another level, although it is the same itching, it does NOT go away, and starts with anything as trivial as taking a walk, to even moving my arm or stretching out. It seems to be associated with heat, because if my body is cold, it is not itchy whatsoever.

Tried: dove soap,all types of lotion (seems to make it worse), consumption of large quantities of water (seems to help a little but might be psychological), stopping the eating of fried foods/sodas/etc, even allergy pills and vitamin/nutrition pills. Regular doctor checkups and Dermatologists shrug it off as nothing but a dry skin problem, but this CANNOT be normal.

Time: The itchiness seemed to almost stop at the beginning of summer, but slowly growing it again has reached it's peak at the end of summertime. It is completely ruining my days with endless scratching and embarassment, as well as making it hard to workout/run/ or even socialize.

Please help with this problem, because it is truly ruining my life.

Thank You.
I have been itching for over 3 months. It comes at all different times of the day. I have changed all soaps, and nothing helps. It happens all over, from my scalp to my the bottom of my feet and every thing in between. Inside my mouth, in my ear canals, neck, back, arms, legs, genital area. Benadryl seems to help, but it also knocks me out. I have set an appt with an allergist, I am praying for results. I just want to stop itching. it gets so bad sometimes that I cry. I feels like bugs crawling on me, and results in red rashes that quickly disapear.

I had almost identical symptoms to what you are describing above except it did not effect my head.   I was diagnosed by the 5th doctor I went to with scabies and one dose of permethrin cream 5%, knocked it out of me.   Please ask your doctor about it, for me it saved my sanity.    Also make sure that you closely follow the instructions and clean everything you have come in contact with such as your sheets, comfortor, chairs, car etc....  

best of luck, by the way the other 4 doctors all misdiagnosed me before I went to a dermatologist.
I have something that itches a lot too! its distracting and it makes my whole body tingle. I cant seem to stop itching it.. and I have this weird habit. It started from a chemical reaction. I'm a nail tech and was working with IBD gel and something happened with the gel and caused cracking and skin irritation, well one part of the skin on my fingers started peeling and cracking real badly so I have a habit of picking it well now I will try to heal it by putting vasaline or lotion or neosporin on it and it will heal the skin will then out of nowhere it will itch like crazy and I'll scratch it and the new, very dry, skin will break open and the process starts all over again, its beginning to get so raw that it doesnt even heal right anymore. what do I do?
are you stressed at all?
could that be the problem evolnieineg said it usually went away for the summer and ost people have off in the summer. could it be like a stress related probelm. and to babiboop54 put gloves on when working that might help from having it break out again. also put something on it to keep you from picking at it!!!!

My husband itches like this. He has liver disease. Not saying that is what you have. But the doctor suggested benadryk and it works a little for him. Bathes also help. Especially at night. Cause it keeps him awake he itches so much.

Hope you get better.
My itching got really bad in the winter, I suffer from psoriasis but this winter all of my skin including the psoriasis patches dried out. Then I was itching all night long and during the day all over my body, especially the neck which felt it was red raw. I was feeling almost hypothermically cold and then realised that I had a thyroxine deficiency. Of course the clever doctors told me it wasn't. As you get older your thyroxine levels drop anyway but for most people it's to a safe level like all the other hormones in the body. I insisted on a blood test and low and behold I had a thyroxine deficiency. After 2 weeks on throxine my dry skin started to get normal again (even better than before, soft like a baby's bum) and the itching stopped. Researching the net it seems that many doctors are completely clueless and can't read the test results properly. If you are at the lower end of the scale you may still need thyroxine. Check out the net for thyroid gland specialists and what they say. The other thing I noticed was that when I stopped adding salt to my food and didn't eat pork or red meat my itching subsided from the psoriasis patches as well.  Bacon really makes me itch! Hope this helps.
I'm not sure if this will help, but my sister and I have both gone through 2 pregnancies with severe - scratch-till-the-blood-comes-to-the-surface - itching.  She just suffered through her first pregnancy, then her new doctor said she was deficient in Vitamin K and gave her a pill - done deal!  I'm 4 months pregnant and it's starting again.  I'm itchy all over, but mainly my scalp, breasts and armpits.  After I get out of a hot bath... I have to scratch down from the top to bottom and the more fluid I retain (salty foods and further along in pregnancy - so more toxic) the worse the condition becomes.  It's worth a try - start eating foods high in Vitamin K.  I have been absolutely craving raw brocolli, mayo and olive oil... guess what - each is a source of vitamin K.  Kale is one of the highest.  Listen to your body... it's literally screaming for help.  A little prayer for sanity always helps too LOL. T
I also have extreme itching all over but seems to be related to eating any carbohydrate there is, but it is impossible to live without carbs. I have very dry skin naturally but I use extreme measures to moisturize. I have seen many doctors for 18 yrs and NOBODY has had the correct answer for what it is. I have had it since I was 12 after mono. I have been seeing a naturopath for 2 yrs and she is stumped also. I get vitamin injections through my naturopath monthly to avoid any deficiencies. What does help subside the itching is to tan in a tan booth every 3 days and I don't know why that helps. I get most of the itching on my legs and arms, but it still is everywhere on my body. Antihistamines do not work.

Help do you have any ideas?
I was having this problem for last 2-3 days and after going through so many forums and looking for an answer , for the first few days I took cortizone from duane reade and benadryl and cetrizine but no effect on my itching and then finally I was going through my medical box which I bought from India last month when I came here and found this medicine ( I am sure this is available in US too) Loratadine, I had no option but to take this medicine, I have heard this is tought medicine and very effective but it has side effects too but they are not too many,, looking at the good results and took the chance and today I am a happy,, had good nite sleep ( slept and at 9 and worke up 8 in the morning, complete nites sleep),, I have researched too much on this itching condition ( scratching all over, could not sleep for three days and was mad at myself that I am unable to find a solution and these doctors are useless,, he said just take bendryl and it actually did not help a bit),, sine I have tested this medicine on me,, and the results were awesome,, i will leave that all you to decide and if you have any questions,, you can ask e any questions you want
OMG! My wife and I have been suffering, and I mean SUFFERING, with this horrid itch for several years ('03). ALL the same syptoms. Been thru & to Derms (4), blood test, all the above mentined meds and the Prestigious UCSF Derm Ctr. Noone has figured this out. Amazing!
The itching is intense!
Beyond Benydrl (eve) the only relief we've found is using Gold Bond 3 act'n (grn botl) during the day as needed. Combining the two has offered considerable relief.
A related discussion, Extreme Itching was started.
A related discussion, itching was started.
Guys try Reactine !!!!! but ask ur doc first  it helpd me a lot ............ I dont kno wha it could be i do eat fast food a lot & spicy food so i am gonna cut it out & see if it help .... I did go to cuba & was in the sun with out sunscrean  i notes on other post on google PPl that do tanning get this typ of itch but i dont tan ..... THIS IS DRIVEIN me crazyyyy it 4 am & i cant sleep .....
I have been suffering from 'extreme itching' since I was about 35...am 40 now.  Used to be only my left arm and now it is both.  I often scratch so much I draw blood so in the winter my arms are a mess!  

Mine always goes away come may and then comes back around sept/oct.  I live in Canada so of course dont have year round heat and am not eposed to the sun in the winter for obvious reasons.

Worse in the evenings but not specific to then

I work out every morning and this sweating does not cause any sort of reaction so its not heat or sweat related

Have switched detergents, soaps and lotions

I have tried many many lotions both over the counter and prescriptions from my dermatologist.  Nothing worked and my derm things I am crazy...my latest experiement is Reactin every day and sun tanning in tanning bed every other day.  So far i have been 4 days itch free!!!  I am not sure if its the tanning or the reactin.  I either must have some sort of seasonal allergy that the reactin is helping with or its the tanning....i am leaning towards the tanning that is helping the most.  I will elimiate one or the other in a few weeks to see which one is helping and repost in the efforts it will help someone.
whl my experiened like while i hv the same symtomps wt u hv ppl bfre i got to this symptoms i hv been suffered frm some Red types of painful bolils came out throughout my skin after tht i hv consulted Doctor  bt it does not work after tht i consulted to Homeopathic Doctor & he got to knw tht  i hv blood infection so he hs prescribed me some medicines after tht i took tht all medicines wt he hs given me while result was gud bt my painfull boils were grown up & frm all the boils of my skin streched out & frm there came out some boils liquid wth blood,tht was so horrible! After tht i left fr my hometown bcuz i hav been suffered frm  this itchin problem still whl After tht i hv consulted Aleopathic & did my blood test where Dr fond i might hv sugar !!So he has givn Another blood test fr purpose to see m i really infected wth sugar or nt!!while i did thid test the result was negative my sugar level wz normal accordingly!!!
Whle these boils of my  skin hv gone bt they left some black circle like tht & Doctor adviced me tht i should talk low cholestrol food & also told me it would better fr me to not take non-vegetables food like chicken etc!!
whl these boils were gone But i hv this same itchin sensation on my back skin!! I hv a fear ofthose boils if they ill grow up again !!so is here any 1 who can give a specific suggestion of my symptoms??????(whl I already chkd up to three Doctors bt they could nt able to cure my itching problem!)
While i frgt  to say somethin tht i feel this itchin Sensation whenever i might walk,run,& eat some hot foods like Chickens etc!!
So i m still waitin fr a specific Suggestion of ma itchin problem!!!!!
my brother has this weird thing going on. He could be in a store shopping with me, and he says he will start getting hot (an maybe sweaty), so he instantly starts itching all over his body. I mean he is scratching like a mad man and i get worried. He has not yet seen a doctor, but i was hoping someone on here can help......
well I  read what every one said and I started to inch.  I itch all the time, I don't have to do anything but it comes on real hard when i take a hot shower, it makes me don't want to take one. i have a wife but she doesn't itch so I don't think it is scabies. I will went to my dr. and he told me benedryl, i guess all the drs. do not have a clue but I will go back and get some tests done.
It might sound strange but Im so glad I found this forum. I have the exact same problem (20).. At first Reading the earlier comments I thought mine was slightly different and thought I was crazy as my thoughts can trigger the extreme itchiness.. Like everyone else exercise, anxiety, embarrassment etc are all causes. Also thought it was a psychological thing that I could overcome, it's proving increasingly more difficult to deal with. It's really stressing my life find it hard to do exercise or socialise it's very embarrasing.  

I haven't seen a doctor because I really don't understand how such itchiness is not visible on the skins surface. I'm going to bookmark this page for continuous reference. Hopefully we'll all find answers..
Like most of you, I haven't been able to find a solution to my itchiness (or even find out what exactly it is).

With that being said, let me first describe the kind of itching that I have. It feels almost prickly and beneath the surface of the skin and I have no visible symptoms whatsoever. It also happens even when I keep moisturized, so it's likely not dryness related.

It's triggered by:

- Anxiety; the itch goes away immediately once I calm down
- Body heat rising too much; the itch goes away if I cool down in any way
- Exercise; the itch also goes away if I cool down
- Spicy foods; the itch is mild and confined to my head and goes away when I'm done eating
- Hot showers; the itch goes away immediately after switching to cold water

So in all cases, the itching seems to be triggered by a rise in my body temperature, and in all cases, the itch goes away if I cool down.

If I don't do anything about the itching, the longest it will last is maybe 10 minutes and then it'll automatically go away.

I've had blood work done and the doctors can't find anything wrong with me. I've also been to a neurologist who couldn't diagnose my problem.

Allergy meds don't work for me.

I'm tired of this itching, so I'm guessing that if it's a hypersensitivity to something, if I trigger it as often as I can and for as long as I can, I might get my body used to it and it might go away. It's a stretch, but at this point I'm desperate. So I'm going to start exercising regularly and whenever I get the chance, I'm going to go and sit in a sauna for as long as possible. And I'll keep doing this for a month and we'll see if this condition persists.

I have my fingers crossed that my plan will work!
so wots the freaking solution??????????
I have been battling the constant itching for about 6 months. I went to a dermatologist and she treated me for Scabies. I still had the itching problem. She took a biopsy of my skin and nothing abnormal showed up. She recently took me off all my meds including all the vitamins I was taking. She was thinking maybe it is an allergic reaction to something. Nope still itching. The only thing that really helped was predisone, but it made me gain alot of weight and was only a temporary fix. I finally went in for a physical and told my primary doctor about the itching which is causing hive like sores on my body. My blood work came back and it showed a possible problem  with my kidneys. Next they sent me to have a sonagram of my kidneys and it came back stating Mild increased echogenicity seen bilaterally, reflective of underlying medical renal disease. Which means I may have Kidney disease. I am now scheduled to see a Urologist who will do more test. I have searched the internet and one of the symptoms of Kidney disease is ITCHING. I am praying it will be something that can be fixed. My comment is if you have severe ITCHING and can not find the cause go and have a physical and have them check your kidneys and liver.
A related discussion, I have been extremly itchy for the past five years was started.
My daughter is 9 year old has extreme itching every where started when she was three. Have try everything. Been to doctor have use every cream on market including steroid cream and oral med. She goes back to scratching about 2 weeks later any suggestion on something that might control this.
A related discussion, Severe genital itch with no answers was started.
A related discussion, Itching Continues was started.
I wanted to thank everyone on here. I thought I was suffering alone with this pain. I cant write much because anyone who is experiencing this knows that thinking and talking about it brings it on. It almost seems unfair that something like this exist, since it destroys your spirit and controls every move & decision you make. I can make it through the day with a cold wet rag filled with ice and taking probably more benadryl than I should. Lately the itching has starting to occur while I'm sleep, as if I can't even escape the pain in my dreams. Using hand lotions seems to make the symptoms worse. I've stopped all together, but now hands are getting too chapped to the point of bleeding. Can anyone suggest a brand of lotion to use? For anyone whose family and friends (even though they mean well) says it just in your head, please do your best to ignore it. The triggers may be psychological, but the pain is 200% physical. This may be a stretch, and really just looking for something to explain why, but living in the southern U.S. we have "cicadas" (similar to locust) which are only seen every 13 or 17 years. When the cicadas came out last year, my symptoms began again, and when I go back 13 years prior is when I first started these symptoms Thoughts????
   I've been itching for the last 7 years.  But I also have "threads" that come out of the itchy sores on  my back.  I was bitten by a kissing bug and have been itching ever since.  I have tried everything and even antiparasite lotions, potions, and creams.  I use Gold Bond anti itch lotion which seems to help the most.  Lanacane and the others are no help at all. -  
     When I itch I use a boars hair bath brush from Walmart to scratch with.  It calms it down better than using my fingernails.
     It is possible that I was bitten by a kissing bug while I was in the Caribbean.   I think that a lot of us get bitten by bugs while we vacation in the tropics - Bahamas, Haiti, Panama, Florida, or Louisiana - hot steamy areas.  And I think that we don't put any gravity behind it until years later when the "bugs" wake up and start biting.
  Any thoughts?
thank you for the reply, and I'll check on the gold bond lotion. I've started wearing "Hanes X Temp" undershirts; they seem to help with the heat, but not other stress triggers.
  I've been using coconut oil instead of lotion on the dry skin.  it does help some... but I found that a beeswax/jojoba oil lotion from Paradise Potpourri works better.   it does not stop the itch - only the dry skin.
A related discussion, Extreme itching under skin all over body was started.
This sounds like:
Exercise-induced anaphylaxis (EIA) or
Exercise-induced urticaria

anaphylaxis = serious allergic reaction
urticaria = hives

It can also be caused by sweat, which activates histamine, making you itch.

Once you start itching even if you stop exercising you may experience itching just by being active, like walking. It can also continue even if you no longer exercise as often, which is why it is hard to diagnose and most dermatologist may not even consider it.

You may not be allergic to exercise, or sweat, or food on their own, but when you eat certain foods and exercise or sweat this may trigger allergic reaction or makes it worst (acid foods, sweet/sugar foods including healthy fruits can cause a reaction).

I am not saying this is what original poster and a few others have, but it is a possibility and should CERTAINLY be highly considered. Research it and discuss with doctors.

Some drugs may stop the itch cycle. Some foods such as green vegetables, flax seeds and sunflower seeds may strengthen the skin to limit infections from itch, as itch is not healthy to body.

Cut your nails and wear gloves to allow skin to heal.

You could also read Dr. Fuhrman's water fasting book, and there are alo many tips online on water fasting. This may reset immune system. At a minimum, body should be more alert after water fast so you are more sensitive, and it is easier to find out which food you are sensitive to.

It is also possible to be allergic to environment. You will need to be tested based on your region, with each region having a set of possible allergens. Allergies come and go. It is possible not to be sensitive to a food or chemical or animal or insect and one day you are allergic to it.

I am really sorry. Itch can be overwhelming. Doctors don't know it all and you will need to bring these possibilities up on your next visit. Exercise, sweat can trigger itching, sometimes on their own at at times when combined with food in the gut.

Shalom to all.
Hi there,

This comment might be little too late but just in case some of you guys still suffer from this annoying condition.
I suffered from the exact same thing for over a year and my doctor did not have a clue. I used to get it when I exercise, walk too fast, laugh or get angry. it affected my arms, back, neck and face. As I had never experienced anything like that in my life I suspected, it must be some kind of allergy.
I was right. it turned out to be EGGS! the moment I cut out eggs and egg products out of my diet, the condition nearly disappeared. The really strange thing is, Organic eggs do not have any negative impact on me, its only normal or otherwise called "free range eggs" that brings the condition to resurface again. I hope this was helpful.

I have suffered with this condition for over forty years and I have not found a solution. I have seen doctors -  traditional and non traditional -  with no solutions. I can't walk one block before it starts. I live in fear of having to walk anywhere that requires more than walking a half block. When I tell people they think that I am a little nuts. I avoid activities that require me to walk or exercise. It has literally taken over my life. It is a silent hell. I did not know that anyone else had this problem. I can not wear clothes that are slightly tight to my skin because it seems to accelerate the start of the itching. Once I feel it coming on there is nothing that I can do but let it run its course and stop whatever I am doing. It seems to be worst in winter but occurs year around. I have tried medicines but they do not help and make me sleepy and unable to function. I would love to be a part of an effort to unite to try to find a solution to this nightmare.
I have this thing, i itch several times in a day, it's my hands and feet most of the time but when im nervous/anxious my whole body uncontrollably itches.
I have tried antihistamines and moisturisers but they don't help at all, whenever someone questions me or anything that makes me feel any sort of way (angry,annoyed,laughter,embarrassed) It just starts and it's already taking over my life, I can't go out, the only thing I can do is stay at home and deal with it, really hope there is a solution to this because it's ruining my life
Chronic itching, flushing now, too! Yay. Skin measures about 10° hotter where I'm flushed than the rest of my skin. Liver panels are fine, cholesterols are perfect, I'm apparently healthy as a horse by my blood panels.

My nurse thinks it may be cellulitis, I've had that before, but not on my face. Still, perhaps a lingering infection would just make me itch and not have the other symptoms. Of course, I need a doc to give me the antibiotics for that, so for now, it's just an idea.

Something that worked when I had severe poison ivy and nothing could stop the itching - wash with bleach. A little clorox on a washcloth, spread it all over you in the shower (careful of membranous tissue, though - that burns) let it sit for a couple minutes, then wash off with some sort of mild soap, plenty of lotion....the bleach calmed the skin with nothing else did. Probably not a good idea for long term therapy, but it can sure dave your sanity.
Holy cow, sorry for all the typos.
Yeah same here when I'm around people and get embarrassed i get itchy and tingly and almost painful all over my body and I can't scratch it all.
Oh my gosh. After reading all this, I have to comment. This is such an annoying and mysterious affliction. Here goes.

I'm a 43-yr old mother of 3, half-Asian, living in Holland. Around my 20th (give or take a year), it started, but very light. It's slowly gotten worse over the years. When my body temperature quickly rises (sports, emotional stress like anger or nerves, etc), then the itching starts. First, red blotches, and if I don't stop right away, then it will develop into little bumps that grow and become hives. This is all over my body, and it drives me NUTS!!!! Sometimes, it begins with my hands and feet tingling, burning, and itching on the inside. I will become unreasonably irritable and every little thing that looks dirty or stained, will send me into fits (I'm a natural slob, by the way). The only thing that seems to help is sitting still and getting my body to calm down. Then, it's gone again. After more severe attacks, I'll feel a little chilly and worn out.

This is a real obstacle in my life, and I'm so sick of it. The doctors haven't been much help ("sweat allergy?" Nope. Sorry, that ain't it.) Taking an anti-histamine (Desloratadine) before long bike trips or similar helps minimize it.

A QiGong Master once suggested a Liver/Gall bladder cleansing. After reading all of these posts, I might try it sometime. It supposedly clears the filters and helps allergies to calm down.

I really wish I knew what this is. I hate biking into town and then spending the next 15-30 minutes scratching at my scalp, arms, and torso.

Other info: Holland is temperate. Wet, cold in Fall en Winter, warm and sunny (if we're lucky) in Spring and Summer. Fast metabolism, but I'm sometimes borderline Anemic. Very quickly tired. I don't do sports, for obvious reasons. Although, I did Tai Chi for a while with minimal itch.

So maybe this info is useful to someone. I hope so. And if you have any ideas, please let me know. Thank you and good luck, fellow Itchers.
My God! I can't believe I am not the only one with this problem. The itching starts if I walk in the sun and get a bit tired, when I am stressed, embarrassed, after a hot bath or when I feel some heat, I have to look for a shade if I am walking or switch on the fan and stay right in front of it if it happens at home and this itching hinders me from doing a lot of things in my life. It doesn't happen to my wife and kid and I thought I was in a world of mine till I found this website. I am really tired of this. I was thinking of going to see a doctor but from all I have read, it is going to be a complete waste of time.
My suggestion is we stay away from hot water for 2 weeks and see if it cools off. Someone told me sometime ago that he had the same problem and when he stopped taking his shower with hot water, it stopped! I thought how can I go on without hot water but now it has come to the point where I have to try it and see. If it works for me, I will come back to testify.
so many people here suffering from this god awful and mysterious itching! for me it started about two months ago - If you'd asked me a week ago I would have bet my house that it was caused due to Styrofoam or Polyurethane exposure. now I'm not so sure - Is certainly still high on the list but keeping an open mind in relation to diet and potential nerve based/neurological issues that could also be a causing factor.  

I've never in all my life experienced this kind of itching! It feels so unnatural and goes beyond being an itch - It's something I don't feel compelled to scratch though and I have previously experienced hives as well as the kind of itching associated with liver cleansing. I've been practicing Qi Gong for twelve years and must admit have become a little complacent - to a certain extent almost thinking I'm invincible because of my Qi Gong background. because of the Qigong I rarely get colds and feel that I have strong and high energy levels. I've always taken pride in the fact that I rarely feel the need to go to a GP. If memory serves correct prior to all this itching commencing I think the last time I was at a doctors was well over ten years back. anyway I ended up going to a dermatologist and she seemed to suggest that it wouldn't be the Styrofoam creating such problem. I walked out of the doc's office quite skeptical and just felt she was towing the corporate line. I was hell bent on the Styrofoam theory and because the symptoms felt so unnatural and nothing like I'd ever previously experienced - was quite adamant that there was something embedded in my skin - hence these tiny toxic/synthetic particles had to be at fault.

It plays so much on the mind and constantly has me second thinking. at one point I thought it could be mercury poisoning given that I have about 4 mercury fillings which I received back in the 70's as child. I threw my matress/doona/pillows/sheets out in a huff of rage, cursing those that that put me forward to the job. I was holed up at one point in the office of the man that got me the position almost coming to blows because I was hellbent that this last two months of my life being completely turned upside down was all his doing.

I was finding these tiny particles all over my clothing, I'd even (as far as could determine) cross contaminated a new pair of jeans. I wouldn't even have to wear those new jeans or other contaminated clothing - all that was required was to just be near it and I would suddenly feel the itching take over. It is now at the point of me just having to walk into my room, not make contact with anything and I will start to itch. so I'm now sleeping and pretty much living in the living room - so it's not just making life difficult for me but also for the people I live with.

I mentioned to Dermatologist that I wanted to file a work cover/work safety report - and she immediately advised that I don't even bother. explaining that it's so difficult to prove such cases and that the majority of the time the person filing the case ends up losing because of such 'degree of difficulty' to find hard proof. I guess there's so many variables at play it makes sense that it would be a no win scenario.

and I completely hate that whole approach anyway - I'm never even interested in the legal approach as an option. for me to even consider that suggests how much this 'mysterious itch' has me rattled.. I guess I've just never felt as if I'd been slowly poisoned by some invisible monstrosity! surely I couldn't be to blame? It would have to be someone else's fault!  

I would wake in the middle of the night literally as if on fire. eyes burning, skin burning, itch, pins and needle like sensations - as if someone had put sandpaper underneath my dermal layers.. I couldn't understand why there was no redness and why I felt no need to scratch! over two months of this weird arse itching hoodoo voodoo nightmare and not once have I scratched. go figure!

Intuitively I was saying to myself 'it seems toxic' and 'my body definitely wants to rid itself of something' - hence the styrofoam/polyurethane embedded particle theory - as time has progressed the itching on the surface of the skin has become more of an extreme pins and needles deeper into the skin, sometimes creating abdominal pain and definitely feeling as though it or something is attacking my nervous system. I was only at this job for two weeks before I quit and I'm certain that during that period I inhaled these dry foam particles (strange bitter taste in mouth for about two months also). That to me is a concern in itself! even if there was no itching at all - the idea of inhaling synthetic, potentially toxic substances is just a complete and utter absurdity - to think that in 2015 people would still be operating this way in a workplace environment had me completely gobsmacked! anyway I've recently found work again as a freelance photographer - but it of course is bittersweet given that I'm still being held captive by Beelzebub and his evil space dust! I certainly don't want it to interfere with my new work - hopefully I'm able to find a solution ASAP! next in line blood test and a trip to the Acupuncturist - finger's crossed!

anyway rant over.. here's to all that have shared experiences and I sincerely hope that the issue is also resolved for each and everyone one of you  
i decided not to comment but im soo glad i had that idea in the first place to just Google search what disease it was that has been worrying me. my case is no different. i came to Australia just last February to study law at UC and my itchy skin disease started i think last month. anything that can result in bringing sweat to my skin triggers this itchy thing all over my skin. GOD it is soo painful beyond words. i get it all over my body including my head. where ever i am, when it starts i just cant control it, ive been to the doctor trice and they all dont know what it is. i really need help. i wil be making a presentation just this Wednesday and im planing to drink some alcohol before i go so that i will be able to control the pain when it starts because i know in front of people im  definitely gonna panic and then  the sweat will plan on coming and i know it will itch really bad. ive never taken alcohol but i think i really need some before i go for the presentation. i disgrace my self every where . mine is soo itchy i literally take of my shirt anywhere i am to scratch my body and they most awkward part is i also put my hands in my pants too because its very itch . its crazy and its true and please if uve not experienced it, don't think u know what im talking about because ive literally had people tell me they don't think i should be behaving the way i do when it starts, its just too painful to here such comments.
I'm a 17 year old male from Australia and I have this. I was walking down a street a few weeks ago and a dog barks at me that scared the crap out of me, all hell broke loose and my back just tortured me with stinging sensations all over my back and my neck, it was painful so I tried to calm my nerves so I walked across the street and then the same thing happened. A dog barks at me that I didn't see and it scared the **** out of me again and the prickling sensation goes on another rampage, the rest of the walk home I was still itchy and prickly, I wanted to take my jumper and my shirt off and lay on the freezing cold footpath and just lay there until it went away. The rest of the walk was very uncomfortable, it didn't go away even when I applied my freezing cold hands to my back, it did nothing. BTW the weather was cloudy and freezing.

I also get the sensation when I take hot or even warm showers, hell I was just on Youtube a few minutes ago watching a funny video and the moment I laugh the sensation comes, I can't even laugh or show excitement? :/ what a life.

I haven't gone to the doctors yet I wanted to try a diet change because perhaps I'm allergic to gluten or something. The hives didn't really go away but yesterday morning I decided to apply sunscreen all over my body to keep it moisturised and nothing happened when I got overheated from sitting next to the heater with jumper on, I thought it was interesting but I didn't get my hopes up. I had a shower yesterday night and I was curious to know if it's gone or not so I had a shower and I was observing my skin, no itchiness, no flushing nothing at all. I had a hot shower so I was excited nothing happened so today I had a shower and I applied my sunscreen and no itchiness or hives, it was around 1pm when we had dinner. Nothing fancy just chicken, peas, baked potatoes and pumpkin so I ate some chicken and peas and I was a little hesitant to eat the potatoes but I did take a bite, all of a sudden the itchiness comes back. I've been itchy all day today after I ate that dinner, I have no idea if it was the dinner but I'll check things out in the next few days.

I don't guarantee this is a cure all, but I hope this helps someone..
I could write pages over the past ten years about all the problems I've had, (yes the itching when hot, hard bumps and blocked follicles, acne, contact dermatitis) and it was only recently that I noticed a pattern. My shampoo, my dish soap.. I started reading the back of my products and it all had the same thing, and apparently its one of the most common now, and even Whole Foods used this in their dish soap..  Methylisothiazolinone
http://www.naturalnews.com/041203_skin_allergies_toxic_chemicals_personal_care_products.html
Just shampooing my hair with this (and it rinsing down my body) made my body intensely itch... Not to mention caused a number of other issues.
Check/change your soaps- your skin is an organ and absorbs everything.
Again, maybe it's not this, maybe it's a different chemical but don't rule out topical products. Read the backs of everything and start to notice if you see the same reoccurring ingredient (maybe for you it's something different).
One last thing, your digestive system is your immune system (so to speak) make sure it's healthy, this will cut down your "allergies" and sensitivities to things. Sometimes we get or develop hypersensitive reactions because our immune system is weak and needs a little help.
Best of luck to you and don't lose hope!
What about soaps and washing powders, could you be allergic to different fabrics like jeans denim, fir example, sprays powders
I have been leaving with the itches since 2005 while i was at high School.
Since I see there is still no cure discovered I will just provide what works for me to coupe through the day.

Is either you exercise hard in summer before the itches start and throughout winter when you normally get the itches.

My second solution that helped me get through my day was sitting on the sun and bare the pain from the itches. " It is extremely painful but it seems that once the itching reaches it maximum and drops or lessens then you can bare the heat for the whole day. I basically learned to live with the condition and it no longer stops me from leaving.

If there is ever a solution please let me know on: ***@****

Recently I came across some suggestion on breathing technique.  It is based on Beutico ( Dr Beutico sp?).  In this technique you create hunger for air in the body. Take a breath , hold it, and take few steps. You will need to breath out after 15 to 20 steps. breath out and now take a small breath and exhale long. Inhalation is less and exhalation is longer. Causing more carbon dioxide in the body. whenever whole body is itching this technique work. Details are complicated. we are making our body hungry for oxygen. this we are doing through long exhalation. This situation demands oxygen from the brain. Brain supplies assimilable (sp?) oxygen and this relieves itching. I am trying this technique. As I have itching problem since last 3 years. Inhale short and exhale long.= in short.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buteyko_method

The above is the link to Buteyko method. I searched vikepidia. It has not mentioned about itching. Other website or Buteyco will contain the same.