Extreme Itching
Help!  I am a 50 year old woman who has been dealing with extreme itching on my arms, legs and back since December of 2008!  I have been to the doctor countless times and tested for everything.  My liver is fine, I don't have diabetes, I don't have a parasite, etc.  It is so bad that sometimes I scratch so hard and so often I can sometimes make myself bleed.   I am in a highly stressful position and that is the only thing I can think of that may be causing the intense itching.  I have tried lotions, benadryl, etc., nothing gives me relief.  The doctors are bewildered because they have not been able to link it back to anything in my diet or lifestyle.  Help!

This discussion is related to Extreme Itching Throughout Body.
I can't believe there are so many people having this itching problem.  I just turn 50. this intense itching started 22 years ago. I mentioned it to my PCP several tests were done all came out negative. During summer time I feel fine. From Nov to May my body itches like crazy, mostly my upper body; head, neck, arms, chest and back. It seems to be worst with the heat or anxiety or stress. I like to workout but I can't my body is generated so much heat to the point my only solution is to stay out in the cold for few minutes. Please anyone helps, I would not socialize because of my condition.
Guys try REACTIVE it help me a lil but i kno how u feel it 4 am & i cant sleep ... i been postin a lot for reactive bec without it i go nuts this been happenin to me after i had a flu ... Doc say i might have diabetes ty 2 .... But i am 21 i eat bad but i workout & my job is paintin soo lots of moveing around sanding cleanin it burn off ...
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.