Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Extreme fatigue, sleeplessness, no energy, hair loss, low body temperat...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Extreme fatigue, sleeplessness, no energy, hair loss, low body temperature

I had a baby 2 years ago, and about four months after, I had to have my gall bladder removed. Ever since then I cannot get through a meal without putting my plate down to run to the bathroom with diarrhea. I am extremely fatigued with no energy. I cannot do five minutes of exercise without becoming short of breath. I only weigh 180 lbs, gained from 130 in 3 1/2 yrs. I have not slept a good night in over a year. My hair is becoming brittle and falling out everywhere. I am coughing alot. I have a poor sex drive, which my husband doesn't like. My body becomes cold in the middle of Summer. I check it and it is always below 98 degrees. Just now it was 97.2 deg. F
I have back pain between my shoulder blades, and pain in my left hip bone, that continues thru to my knee and ankle. I have chronic headaches that have not been diagnosed. No medications help. And when I use the restroom, referring to above statement, my feet and hands become really sensitive and hurt. I've read about the symptoms I have on the internet on other sites, and they range from anxiety problems to thyroid disease. I just need to know what I have wrong with me. I cannot go to the doctor because I have no insurance. So I am relying on offered advice! Help me to understand what I may have wrong and what can I do about it, before all of this causes irrepairable family problems.
Thanks alot,
Jennifer
It sounds like a thyroid problem, to be honest. The fatigue, weight gain, hair loss and low body temperature are classic symptoms.  I think you should go see a dr. I know that you said you have no insurance, but when I lived in the states and couldn't afford medical care, there were a few clinics around that offered health care on a sliding scale fee based on your income. It's not expensive and the most I ever paid was around $50 and that was for $300 worth of blood tests and exams. They sometimes have their own pharmacy, so you receive meds at reduced prices or no cost. I wish you well :-)

Sarah
Could either of those also cause my mind to be restless at night, which is one reason why I cannot sleep well? Also, I am having trouble remembering things that have happened recently.
Also, what type or vitamins would you suggest?
Memory loss is a symptom of hypothyroidism, as is Depression which could be causing the restlessness and insomnia. I agree that you should see an endocrinologist or at least a dr to have blood work done. Here's a website on Thyroid Problems and symptoms
http://www.endocrineweb.com/hypo1.html
by the way, anxiety could cause the sleeplessness
Thank you both very much, I was kinda afraid the this was something serious. I've looked into those Drs you are talking about, and my husband went to one. They said he was only to pay the $20, but sent him a bill for $136. I know that I need to go to the doctor, but was hoping that this was something that I could fix with vitamins or something like that.
Thank you again.
it does sound like a thyroid condition.  Pregnancy can affect your thyroid.  You really should see someone.  They can't refuse you and you can go on a payment plan. They may send you a full bill but you just pay what you agreed to and they keep sending a bill with the amount deducted. good luck
Sounds like hypothyroidism.

Ask your doctor to run a thyroid panel.  If your TSH level is above 3.0 you should be given meds.
I have also had several of the same problems. They said that it maybe hypothyroidism. But my TSH levels are a little low but not to bad. I have been reading alot online. I have also seen that it may also be Wilson Syndrome and adrenal fatigue. Your TSH level are normal or a little low, but have all the signs of hypothyroidism. For hypothyroidism they give you medicane that only handles the T3 you need to ask for medicane that will cover your T3 and T4. There medicane that will cover both or you can take a different medicane for each. But you will have to go to a Dr. to get it prescribed to you. Hope this helps. I have been to the point of thinking I'm crazy too. I have gain over 50 lbs in about 1 1/2 to 2 yrs, and I am military so I have to figure out what is wrong. Good luck!!!

Sonya
If you pay a doctor to do blood testing, you should get them to write up the order and request that you go find a hospital to do the labs. I don't have insurance either and when I went to get blood testing that doctor sent me to a private lab. The lady at the desk told me the labs would run me around $250 total. She said if I called around to the local hospitals labs, they could probably do better. I called around and found out that the same tests at the local hospital were only $30. I took the order for the labs there and then they faxed the results to the doctor who read the results.

Also, I suggest you find an accupuncturist. Many of these holistic healers have alot of knowledge about certain changes to your diet that may help and supplements you should be taking. It has worked wonders for many people. It will usually run you about $80 for your first visit, but if you find someone who also does a sliding scale clinic you can get follow ups for about $25.
I sure hope that in the last 3 or 4 years you've been able to find some relief for your symptoms. Most people and Drs will often look to the thyroid for fatigue and hair loss.. this is not always and most often not the case. You may be allergic to glutens, meaning white bread and all bread and flour products. Also you may be sensitive to sugar Period. All sorts, including fruit sugars. check into Candida and also check out the body ecology diet by donna gates. it isn't the cure all, but I've noticed that the body works in layers, so one you handle one, then the deeper one's reveal itself. it could also be heavy metal toxification... I would focus more on that even though the symtoms (symptoms) don't describe yours.  google TMA and get a test done.. just check it out.