Extreme pain while urinating
Hello Doc,

What I am about to discuss is a bit embarrassing to say the least which is the reason why I choose this anonymity of this  site.  For the past three days I have been experiencing excrutiating pain at the tip of my penis during urination which has me more than a bit scared.  Just to give you a let you know I am sure that this is not due to a STD as the only sex that I have had in the past three weeks was all protected with a condom.  

The pain began after I engaged in a heavy session of PE (Penis Enlargement) techniques in which I would stop the blood flow into my penis.  I always did things in moderation so I never have hurt myself, however this last time I decided to pushed the time a bit longer.... big mistake.  I started feeling pain about 3-4 hours afterwards and since then I have been having the pain when I urinate.  I don't have the pain during the day just when I urinate.  I have had similar pains before in the past but much less intense and usually have gone after a day.  This however has been three days and doesn't appear to be getting less in pain,  which is why I am freaked out!!!  I don't know what a doctor could even do at this point?  Am I plagued by this pain now?  I am worried about getting UTIs or even worse developing problems with prostate or my bladder?!!?!?!?  Please advise on what I should do?

Regards,

Excluding an infection should be done, despite the lack of risk factors.  Obtaining a urethral swab and urine test should be done.  

If negative, imaging the penis can be considered to evaluate blood flow.  I would also see a urologist to discuss a cystoscopy.  The latter test can evaluate for urethral strictures or polyps.  

These options can be discussed with your personal physician, or in conjunction with a urologist.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin Pho, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
www.twitter.com/kevinmd
I think what I may have done to myself is created a strangulation lesion which is causing me much pain.  Any advice?