Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Extreme skin sensitivity on head and left cheek

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

For the past couple of weeks I have had extreme sensitivity from the center top of my head down to my left check.  My hair even hurts.   So sensitive, hurts to brush my hair.   No sores.  Also a lot of joint pain and aching muscles every place in my body.  Tired.  A little nausia and upset stomach.  Occasionally other spots on my skin are also extremely sensitive - like a sunburn would be to the touch.  Don't know where to start.   Been under extreme stress with 2 deaths (parents), husband had to have surgery twice in the last 6 months.  The past year has been even worse so thought maybe this was the cause but never had symptoms like this before.   Any help you can give, would be appreciated.
Avatar n tn
possibly this could be from stress, seems like you are under alotof it. i get painfull tingly patches of skin from time to time that is really sensitive when i touch it but it doesnt look any different than the rest of my skin, with that though i have a host of other symptoms such as arm, hand and leg tingling and numbness, i went to a neuro who thinks i may have possible ms but it doesnt sound like your case, i do believe that i read somewhere that herpes causes tingly areas of skin.
Avatar n tn
Don't panic, but you should request very strongly that your doctor test for diabetes and/or cancer.  My husband began having a similar skin sensitivity issue on his head, face and back, general malaise and fatigue, muscle fatigue and ache, gradual increase in shortness of breath, frequent light nausea and diahhrea.   He was eventually diagnosed with diabetes - a simple blood test.  Getting his blood sugar under control reduced the fatigue and ache, and some of the nausea.  Since it did not fully relieve his symptoms we kept going back to the Dr.  Seeing a neurologist, rheumatologist, and a couple other "ologists".  Finally, a chance CAT scan showed a small mass in a lung.  Cancer was diagnosed, and unfortunately it was terminal.  NOT ALL CANCER IS TERMINAL.  Perhaps your symptoms have NOTHING to do with cancer.  But I urge you to find out.  If my husband had been tested when his symptoms started he would have had time for treatment.  At the best - it's stress.  At the worst - well, better to find out while there's still time to do something about it.  Don't wait.  And don't let your doctor bully you into believing it's nothing.
Avatar n tn
Go get a doctor to order a blood test and get checked for Parvovirus...sounds like you may have it.  Seems like many doctors don't even know about it but I had it and had all those symptoms and my doctor nailed it after my second visit.  I got joint pain so bad I couldn't use my hands, lift my arms or barely walk.  The skin sensitivity on the scalp was the same.  Also noticed only 1 or 2 short days of lacey rash on underside of fore arms.  Parvo can last for months, but usualy goes away on it's own.  Its viral...not much to do other than ibuprofen for joint pain.  I did pas it to my son who got fifth disease - very minor in children btw.
A related discussion, skin on head sensitive was started.