Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Extreme swelling and discomfort of labia minora

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hi there! I've been sexually active for 7 years, and I have an issue cropping up.
I've had my current sex partner for nearly a year with no problems until 2 weeks ago, when I was getting sore and itchy labia minora post-sex. Absolutely nothing changed before that, so I was worried, obviously.
We've tried a couple more times since the first time, and it's only gotten worse, with my labia swelling to four times the size they should be and causing lots of discomfort and pain. The only thing I've found to alleviate swelling is sitting on a bag of frozen peas :3
The swelling usually goes down within a few hours, but it is difficult to walk and sit, and I'm getting more worried. I don't generally use lubricants, and I'm not allergic to latex.

Ooooh, also, almost forgot- For the last five days, I've been feeling menstrual cramp-like pain in my lower abdominal region. It has gotten more intense the last couple of days. That threw up a red flag for me.
Help!
Anyone else have this happen?

This discussion is related to VERY red, swollen labia minora immediately after intercourse.
Tags: Vagina, labia minora, swelling labia, Pain, discomfort
I may not be the best expert to help you but from the tons of anatomy classes I have had it sounds like you have some sort of infection. Any infection will swell, be hot to the touch, and very painful.The cramping means that whatever it is is coming from the inside. I would rush to the doctors or emergancy room immediately because of how long this has gone on. It seems more like the sex has aggrevated whatever it is that you have and that a heavy dose of antibiotic might be in order. And I wouldn't worry about the bill at the ER as they are really nice about payment plans.

Good Luck
Go to planned parenthood or doctor and get checked out NOW!
It may be caused by blood flow to the area of excitement. Please go see your GYN doctor and let him know. Don't be embarrassed to tell the doctor.