Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Extreme unexplained sudden weight loss!? Please reply ASAP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hello! I'm 18 years old and I'm a male. My girlfriend is 18 years old as well. This post is about my girlfriend. She has told me how she was 130 pounds freshman year of high school ( 4 years ago) and now that she's older she's gotten to as low as 115 and she is very skinny and has a flat stomach with little curves. She is not anorexic skinny but definitely skinny for a girl especially compared to what she used to look like in pictures years ago. She says she does not exercise at all nor diet and even try's to eat more to re gain her weight but can't. She's said she's gotten blood tests done by docs and everything came back normal she claims she's fine. But we all know this is not normal to happen for no reason. Or is it??? I'm concerned for my girlfriend and also, am I at risk or in danger of contracting whatever could be causing her to lose weight if it is an underlying illness? I have already kissed her quite a bit. I just want a reasonable idea of what could be going on with her and to ensure that she's safe as well as me. thank you!!! P.s her family thought she was starving herself and she got upset by it and tells me how she wishes she had her body back.
take her to a upper GI doctor have the same problems. good luck.
     My daughter had the same problem.  Notice I said had.  She is taking a Weight Gainer product and it is helping.  Also Purple Cone Flower Root (Root of the Echinacea flower) gives you a voracious appetite.  My daughter has gained 10 pounds in about a year.... but, hey, it's an improvement.  She has trouble eating food and sometimes just can't stomach thinking about swallowing it.  She says her main problem is a gag reflex that is too sensitive.  She is still skinny, but looks better than she did.  - She says she has to concentrate on chewing and swallowing in order to eat because if the food gets to the back of the throat before she's ready, she has to spit it out...

Hope this info is helpful.  Wishing you the best.