Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Extremely Bad Dizzy Spells

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Extremely Bad Dizzy Spells

For the past two weeks or so, Ive been suffering from dizzy spells. It started randomly one late afternoon around 330ish. I was outside on my school campus  since 9:30 doing homework. I live in Florida and it was a fairly hot day but i had water and snacks and was sitting in the shade. I thought i was keeping myself pretty hydrated. But as I was getting ready to leave to head home I was suddenly taken by a horrible dizzy spell. I thought to myself I really need to get home and if I got to dizzy, I'd pull over. When I finally got home, I ate something, drank plenty of water (Didnt chug it), and took a nap till about 5:50 in hopes that it would help. I woke up feeling a tad better but still dizzy. I had class at 7 so I began getting ready and it started to slowly pass. The entire way to school, I had on and off again dizzy spells.

Since that day, Ive had days where it has been extremely bad to moderate. Ive tried everything that I thought would help the problem. Ive been drinking only water since then to avoid dehydration, Ive been trying to eat on a reg. basis. Ive even had a few sweets or protein (peanut butter crackers) just in-case that was the problem.... which I didn't think it was because I had a complete physical done a month or two before for a Job and personal and everything was great besides one thing. I have also been feeling very fatigue and restless and double vision or blurred vision when these dizzy spells happen. And I've had pressure headaches so bad that it feels like my head was in the middle of a huge bell when someone banged on it.

During those physicals, they did find slightly high levels of protein in my urine but it wasn't high enough to concern my Doctor. I havent been back for a check up.

Could my dizzy spells be connected to this in anyway. If anyone have any suggestions of what could be going on or what it could be, I would greatly appreciate it! And until I get money to visit the Doctor, I'm relying on your opinions to for help! (No Pressure, right?)

PLEASE AND THANK YOU
You sound exactly like my sister, dizzy spells, balance goes, dry mouth (she drinks loads of water), she knows when a spell is coming as her mouth goes completely dry and now if she has an episode when she is in public she has started to get panic attacks but ok dosent if shes at home. Shes had a brain scan to check for tumours, etc all was clear. They are testing her for alsorts at the moment, she is going for another MRI scan, they are checking for menieres disease, vertigo, MS. They are being very thorough so as soon as she gets any answers I will make sure to update you.

Really sorry your feeling like this as I know how much it gets my sister down!
Middle ear infection is another one, get back to that doctor and tell him to pull his finger out!! x
Thank you so much for the information! I would greatly appreciate if you keep me posted about your sister. I'm not sure if I have experienced the dry mouth incident but I do have mild panic attacks or I just get like really hyped in and uneasy/antsy way. On top of that I am very forgetful. =/ I forget the most simple things. I would be doing one thing and I would have to stop and completely ask myself what I was doing over and over again and sometimes it comes to me, other times I just have to move on. And conversations are the same. Sometimes remembering what we talked about maybe 10 min ago to 2 days to 5 and even a week is difficult. Can you imagine trying to remember farther back than that?!

And your right, it does get me down. Especially when I'm having an argument and I know for a fact what happened and people try to use my bad memory against me. I hate it. I have also, in the past and now, went to the doctor about extremely bad migraines and pressure and throbbing headaches. I'm only 20 too and fairly healthy as far as I know. so I know this isnt normal.

But again, thank you and please keep me posted. I do plan on going to the doctor, just finding a new one to go to is the problem. My doctor is fixed on this "allergies" thing. I'm pretty sure it's not that.
I know exactly what you mean my sister has just turned 32 so should be living her life like you now worrying about when the next spell is going to come on but these days its just constant. Shes such a fun loving girl which is hard for me to see.

The bit where you said "On top of that I am very forgetful. =/ I forget the most simple things. I would be doing one thing and I would have to stop and completely ask myself what I was doing over and over again and sometimes it comes to me, other times I just have to move on. And conversations are the same. Sometimes remembering what we talked about maybe 10 min ago to 2 days to 5 and even a week is difficult." reminds me exactly like my sis Chant, she will tell me something and say it again not realising shes already told me, also simple things like putting the bread in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard, her speech also goes slurred when she has a real bad turn its scary.

Hang on in there & I promise to let you know any updates.

Please please get a second opinion!! x
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Anemia could be a cause and so also hypoglycemia. It can also be severe acidity. Take a multivitamin pill. Eat at regular intervals as you are now doing. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks, caffeine, and spicy food. See if this helps. Also get your BP checked to see if it is not too high or too low. It can also be stress and lack of proper sleep.
If it does not then you will have to consult a doctor to run tests to rule out thyroid problems, ear problems, pinched cervical spinal nerves, epilepsies, heart problems, etc. Take care!
Thank you Kelsy and Doctornee. You guys have been extremely helpful and now I kind of feel a bit more prepared on what to ask the doctor specifically. Hopefully now that I have idea of what to ask, they wont give me to much of the run around. Also, for the record too, I don't drink or smoke. Like i think I said before, I'm 20 yrs old, 5'3, maybe 130lbs. I'm not as active as I use to be (going to the gym and runs) but I think I'm fairly healthy. My physicals which where about 2 or 3 months ago were great besides the little protein they found in my urine. I've greatly cut back on sodas to only water or tea(no coffee) and i hate spicy foods.

I've been having some belly trouble too along with everything else (my luck) and the weirdest thing happened yesterday when I ate Ritz whole wheat crackers. I ate about 4-5 crackers and I sent my stomach into this gut wrenching pain for about 10mins! It was so weird and very unpleasant.
Thank you also for the suggestions. I'm not sure about the anemia. I am always donating blood to Florida blood service since 10th grade. I think they would have spotted things like anemia or hypoglycemia.... Right?? After donating, Ive never experienced any weakness or side effects due to blood loss.  

But I'll def. try and look into your other suggestions!!!

Thank you guys!