Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Extremely Itchy Red Rash on Areola
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Extremely Itchy Red Rash on Areola

Every several months to a year, I start to develop a red rash on each of my areolas. It appears as little red bumps that pop up. The areola then begins to itch horribly, to the point where it is completely unbearable. The doctor I went to a year ago did not know what it was. At one point, I couldn't stop itching and began to scratch my skin raw. I don't know what they are, or how to deal with them.
Blank
This site lists 9 causes of areolar rash.  (If you search on nipple rash, there is a different list.)

http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/symptoms/areolar_lesions/causes.htm

Atopic dermatitis
Contact dermatitis
Irritant dermatitis
Trauma
Breast abscess
Candidiasis
Seborrheic keratosis
Breast cancer
Bowens disease

Candidiasis is very interesting and surprising item on this list.  I think a lot of people have systemic yeast problems that they don't even know they have.

I hope this is helpful!
2 Comments
Blank
This site lists 9 causes of areolar rash.  (If you search on nipple rash, there is a different list.)

http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/symptoms/areolar_lesions/causes.htm

Atopic dermatitis
Contact dermatitis
Irritant dermatitis
Trauma
Breast abscess
Candidiasis
Seborrheic keratosis
Breast cancer
Bowens disease

Candidiasis is very interesting and surprising item on this list.  I think a lot of people have systemic yeast problems that they don't even know they have.

I hope this is helpful!
Blank
It is either an infection or an allergy. Maybe try non scented, no dye detergent and see if it clears up. Don't scratch and maybe take an antihistamine at night to see if that helps.You can try benedryl cream but I'm not sure how good that is. It didn't help me. It may be contact dermatitis. I would see an dermatologist.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank