Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Extremeties weak, tinginling, lack of circulation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have been having progressively extreme leg/arm numbness, lack of circulation, almost impossible to lie down, legs burn and go to sleep.  Difficulty with joints (and pain), muscles "lock up" with the slightest movement.  Dizziness and weakness upon walking.  Had diabetes test, MRI of lower back, blood tests, heart tests, neurology test of legs.  Results a little high on diabetes and neuropathy, but not extraordinary enough to diagnose as a problem.  Back is definitely in bad shape due to car accidents, no real "operable" back problems.  Chiropactor no help either.  I take lipitor and ambien.  Tried giving up the lipitor, symptoms did not disapper ( I don't want my cholesterol to rise again, so I resumed).  Any ideas, can barely walk at this point and am too weak and dizzy for almost everything.  Continuing to work, had to give up gym and walks around the block.  Symptoms seem to be increasing.  Absolutely cannot lie on back, muscles lock up.  Is there help out there,  PLEASE!!  Thank you for your compassion.
Avatar_dr_m_tn

There are 2 possibilities which I can think of in your case. The first one is cervico-lumbar spondylosis. Spondylosis usually affects men more than women. Usually, the lumbar and cervical spine are more frequently affected than the thoracic spine, because the curvature of the latter prevents spondylosis from impinging on the spinal cord. Another important point is that lumbar and cervical spondylosis frequently occur simultaneously in the same individual. The onset of the symptoms is generally very slow and gradual.

The other possibility is spondylolisthesis. It is a condition where there is a slipping forward of one vertebra onto another. It is usually a congenital deformity or it may be caused due to trauma.

I will request you to consult an orthopedic surgeon.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind Regards.

I'm not sure what a "little high", on diabetes means.

Consulting an orthopedic surgeon is a possibility. You could also consult the Dahli Lahma or "John of God". Space aliens are also good for advice.

You have spinal disc compression issues, probably secondary to your injuries. The ambien doesn't help things because is is a mild muscle relaxant, which decreases muscle tone.

There are severaql things that are probably going on:

Your discs are undoubtedly swollen and inflammed. The inflammation has to be brought down with anti-inflamatories.

There are a number os specific exercises which are helpful. You need sessions with an exercise specialist.

The blood sugar levels cause alteration in osmolytic pressure, which exacerbates the pain, by increasing nerve pressure.

You have arthritic issues, which means you must avoid nightshades in the diet.

There is a brand-spanking new treatment your problem involving injection of ozone and oxygen into the spaces between the discs. This reduces swelling and is as alternative to surgery. Do a net search. The treatment has been used in Europe for years and only recently has come to the United States.

For pain, try a TENS device, or a capsaican (hot pepper) skin creme. Both work because the brain can only transmit a single pain signal at a time. The mild capsaican stimulation is transmitted and the bad nerve pain blocked.

You need to be on 1000mg of omega-3 oils a day, plus alpha-lipoic acid, which increases microcirculation.

Thank you for answering my post.  I am printing your answer and mentioning your suggestions to the orthopedist and neurologist I am scheduled to see.  My family doctor is not sure of what diagnosis is.  I posted some new symptoms today, if you have time.  I appreciate your help.