Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Eye Shaking nothing helps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Eye Shaking nothing helps

I've been to ENT doctors, Neurologist and eye doctors for the past two years. They've put me on all kinds of pills to try and find out what is causing my eyes to shake. I've had MRI, Cat Scans, x-rays, etc. Everything comes up negative. I have the feeling of my eyes shaking. It affects my vision. I've timed the episodes. Every 1 to 1 1/2 minutes and lasts about 10 seconds. Its very annoying and hard to live with. Is there anyone who has heard of this and can help me find relief? Its hard to function in ordinary life. I can't drive, do my house work, etc.
Not sure what you're trying to say. You 'feel' like eyes are
moving or people can 'see' eyes moving. If 'seen' moving, then
most Neuro's/Opthalmologists would know it's a nystagmus. They
would order a Barany's caloric test (shoots water in ear) &
that triggers it to be measured. You didn't mention any ear
problems so I'd suggest a Neuro-Opthalmologist. There are
different types of nystagmus. Conjugated/optokeninetic/
metobolic brought on by alcohol & some meds or? When you say
happens every 1 min & lasts for 10 secs, does someone see
it, are you watching it? If it's just a feeling like a tremor
of eyes, has it started recent or as a younger person? Get all
copies from Dr's you've seen for your 'hm-health-file', labs &
scan reports. After you get copies, I'd suggest a place like
Barrow's or Mayo clinic or ck. w/ a local universtiy Neuro dept
to see if they can evaluate. There's something missing. Why
ENT's? Can you sleep w/ this happening? Have you had an eeg?
Any other sysmptoms? Gd-luck.    

I've had the water shot in the ears and all kinds of balance tests run. The Water in the ears doesn't bring on the symptoms. The symptoms are there all the time. I was to an ENT because my pcp doctor thought it may be an inner ear problem. But nothing was found. Nystagmus was mentioned by eye doctor but he said that it comes and goes, doesn't continue all the time. Doctors can see my eyes shaking, quivering etc. Just can't figure out whats causing it.
my eyes shake but I'm conscious, it last a good 20-40 minutes, then i am left sick for the rest of the day.
My mother thinks its epilepsy, I was diagnosed with migraines. I dont get it.
I actually have the same issue.My eyes shake up and down as a vibration would seem.Mine does come and go and I get a dizzy feeling without the spinning effect.I have also seen many Drs., neurologist, ENT, internal meds,opthamology, you name it I've been there.But still nothing.MRI, blood work,eeg,everything all negative!I wish I could help,but I would like to know too!
Can high doses of vitamin A exacerbate nystagmus?
I have the eyes jumping/shaking/jiggling thing also. People can't see them moving when its happening, its IN my eyeball. I've been to DRs, and all that MRI/Cat scans. NOTHING! The DRs think I'm nuts. Last for months sometimes. Will go away for 10 months, then show up randomly. Makes me very dizzy. It only happens in my right eye.  I'm 30 female. This has been going on for about 3 years off and on now. WHAT IS IT?????
It gets bad when I'm driving, like when I look to see how fast I'm driving, then look up to see the car in front of me. The only semi-relief I get is when I tip my head back and rest it on couch/whatever. HELLLP! Thanks
I have weird eye issues. If you want to email me I am at ***@****.  I cannot get into it all right now, so if you want to connect - email me.  Anyway - I have had eye issues for years  and would love to connect with someone who does too.
i know exactly what yu are talking about. i have this issue as well. stop wasting your money on doctors, all of them will tell you the same thing. i dont exactly know what it is but i do think i have a clue considering ive had this ability my whole life. i believe two things but one more then the other. ill start with the more valid idea. i think every human being has this ability, i just dont belive everyone knows how to do it. my second idea s that a very few people can do it, some better then others, i think it is possibly a gene or a chromosone but then again im not sure wich one. my way of dealing with it is to do it with your eyes closed to get that annoying itchy feeling away and noone will notice, or you do it when noone is looking. i simply dont do it in front of people because it is one, abnormal, and two im afraid of rising to much attention.
my 2 year old daughters eyes have just started 2 look like they're vibrating most of the time she is a known epileptic. I spoke 2 her consultant yesterday and she reckons it is some kind of seizure but have been advised 2 monitor it
A related discussion, Eyes shaking back and forth when reading was started.
Same here. No ides but its flippin annoying!!!!