Eyebrows thinning
    I am 49 yrs old female.For the past couple of years I have been loosing hair under my arms legs and particularly my eyebrows. I have gone to the endocrinologist and he did a series of tests to check my thyroid and also check the cortisol level. All the tests came out normal.He did say I have vitamin D deficiency. He put me on 50,000 units. I have been taking vitamin D for more than 2 months and there is no improvement. My eyebrows are getting thinner and thinner.I have also been feeling dryness and stuffed in my nose especially at night.My nails are very brittle and bend down. My ears also get clogged. I have some kind of sensation near eyebrows and it feels tight there. My face also feels flushed at times.I also feel pressure in my head. (the MRI of the head came out normal)I also got checked up by the ENT doctor and he said everything is normal.  I really need help. COuld you please diagnose what is going on with me? How can I get my eyebrows to grow back again. Could you please help me?
Many thanks,
Lak
Is it possible you are going through perimenopause or menopause?  Being 49 years old, losing hair and facial flushing are possible indicators of this.
I too was told my thyroid was normal by more than one doctor, when in fact it is not normal. Is your thyroid even near the low range? Perimenoapuse seems to cause  borderline hypothyroid to show symptoms that were not present before onset. Low cortisol can also cause hair to fall out
For me it ended up being part of my autoimmune please have your md order some test for autoimmune.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.