Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Eyelash in my eye...?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Eyelash in my eye...?

I had an eyelash get into my eye almost a day ago, and i didn't think much of it, but if it doesn't come out ,is it going to cause me problems with my eye?like blindness?(which i read on another website). Its not watering or hurting, but the lash went into the back on my eye while i was trying to get it out. and this isn't the first time it happened to me either, so when i read it can cause me visual problems, it made e concerned.
If you are not feeling watering or pain, it is highly likely that the eyelash was worked out naturally by your eye.  You might have a friend look in your eye while you look side to side and up and down and pull up on your eyelid and see if it is visible to them.
Agreed with SurgiMenopause. Your eye can naturally work it out on it's own- even while you're asleep. So I wouldn't worry too much.
I agree with the suggestions above, you have nothing to worry about. As long as there is no irritation or pain and you are not constantly scratching your eye there will not be any problems.  

FYI

That said it is important to address your concerns, as well as any others, about eyelashes in your eyes causing permanent damage and/or blindness. To clarify, there are diseases that can cause the eyelids to swell and fold inward causing the eyelashes to constantly rub against the cornea. It is extremely irritating and the problem is further exacerbated by constantly rubbing the irritated eye. This condition is called Entropion.

Entropion causes constant scratching of the cornea by the eyelashes leading to permanent scarring of the cornea and therefore blindness. Entropion is commonly caused by bacterial infections that are easily treated. Less commonly it is caused by some viruses and by congenital defects. It is a leading cause of blindness globally due to lack of proper care in less developed countries.

In summary, in certain diseases eyelashes can indeed cause damage and blindness. You do not have any of these diseases and need not worry. If you are not having any irritation then the eyelash probably worked its way out. If you do have irritation caused by an eyelash do not excessively rub your eye. Get help to remove the eyelash.

Lastly, and most importantly, once you remove an eyelash be sure to make a wish and blow the eyelash off of your finger. Some believe that it works better if you blow it off of your pinky finger. Also many believe that it must be an unselfish wish. If it does not involve making others happy, as well as yourself, then the wish will not come true. As the eyelash floats away your wish is granted.        
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If the eyelash broke and went into the eye it will come out on its own while you blink. In addition you can splash water into the eyes (use clean water) and blink eyes a few times. The eyelash will get absorbed or will get flushed out. Normally it will not cause any problems. However, if you feel gritty sensation, redness, pain or vision problem, consult an eye specialist. Take care!