Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Facial Sweating when eating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Facial Sweating when eating

I would like to know please if it is normal to experience facial sweating when eating acidic oranges or drinking lemon juice.

That sounds odd to me.  Have you been tested for allergies to citrus?  Have you taken your pulse when this happens to see if it is running fast?
No I didn t But I think I have always had such reaction. it is not normal as it is acidic?  SHould I test for allergies?
I do not have any of the citrus allergy symptoms listed here: http://sesllc.hubpages.com/hub/Citrus-Allergy-Symptoms
I don't believe I've heard of, nor have I ever experience sweating as being a normal reaction to acidic foods in particular, though if you were to eat very spicy hot food, that could be a normal reaction.

However, I do have a lot of tachycardia (rapid heart rate) and the heart does have to work harder when digesting.  And of course, if you had a rapid heart rate, you might sweat.   I'm curious about your heart rate at such times.   A rapid heart rate can be a symptom of a serious allergic reaction, so, particularly if it turns out that's what is causing your sweating, I think you should explore with an allergist whether or not you might be allergic to the things that make you sweat.
Many thanks for your input.

I do not think I have a faster heart rate, i should be feeling this right if I check personaly?

Should I make an allergy test for food?
If you can take your pulse for fifteen seconds and times that number by four or if you have a stethoscope and can listen for a minute to how many beats happen during that time, those are ways you should be able to discover if your heartrate is rapid.  I think it wouldn't hurt to see an allergist to test for various food allergies.
Life360 in the blow thread has advised that it is normal with citic acids. what do you think.

Please see the thread in this regard
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/General-Health/Sweating-and-citrus-fruits/show/1919499?personal_page_id=3039115
Wow, this is a positive- you are really getting me to research some things here.  I found an article, but I don't know if the source is reliable... but it would be enough for me if I were to see it and had your problem to look into getting my thyroid function checked and my blood sugar situation, to make sure I didn't have diabetes.  See private message.
Please see post above.

Also, I think it likely if you were to have a rapid heart rate as an allergic reaction (which I saw online), it would be part of a very serious reaction that would have other symptoms present at the same time... so, it is quite possible that particular idea is not the on the right track- I'm sorry I did not mention this earlier.
I tested for sugar and it was ok. maybe i will check for thyroid also. You think the sweating can be related to thyroid?

So you do not think it is an allergy reaction right? what do you think as it being a normal reaction to citric acids?
Thinking more, diabetes I remember is associated with increased appetite and you had mentioned lack of appetite and I looked and saw those fruits do not have a high glycemic index, and your normal blood sugar really rules that idea out!

I'm sorry I've been leading you on a wild goose chase here.  The article I sent you seemed to link eating and sweating with a possible thyroid problem, but as you pointed out, you only have a problem with certain foods which would seem like that wouldn't fit.  

However... a lack of appetite, which you mentioned you have (on another thread), according to this credible website:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003121.htm
lists hypothyroidism as a possible cause of a decrease in appetite.  Hypothyroidism can also lead to depression, which you mentioned having.  (Although depression itself, which can come on for many reasons, can also cause a lack of appetite.)  Generally, your primary care doctor should routinely check on thyroid function, so you might check to see if they have done blood testing for this recently.