Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Facial swelling due to mild head trauma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Facial swelling due to mild head trauma

I had a minor blow to the right side of my forehead right above my eye brow a little over a week ago. when the accident happened I had a large bump which soon went away after I applied ice. There was also a 1 inch long cut. I cleaned and bandaged the wound. Two days ago my right eye lid and the outer corner of my eye became sore and  slightly swollen. Could this be a healing process (brusing) or something else?
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
yes if it has been over a week give it a few more days sounds like you are healing.  Use ibuprofen for pain and swelling.  Good luck
Blank
Sounds like a possible infection, i would get it checked out, usually swelling and pain are starting to go away after a week, not getting worse...
Blank
i also have a head injury i hit my head and had a hematoma the size of a softball.  i am five days into my injury.  the hematoma is now the size of a golf ball my eyes are still a little black and my face is swollen.  the swellen goes down daily however my right eye has a slight pool of blood  on the left is this normal?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
11 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank