Falling Down More and More
I am 39 years old and I am having problems with falling down.  In the last month have have had problems falling down steps, falling when walking up steps and falling when just walking on flat surfaces.  This is beginning to happen more and more frequently and has really begun to worry me. I am having neck pain and pain at the base of my head but not headaches. I have noticed that sometimes my thoughts are cloudy and I forget what I am in the middle of saying (thought this might just be "Brain Fog" associated with Fibromyalgia.). I would appreciate any and all thoughts about this.

Just wondering when you fall if you fall forward or backwards? Also wondering if you are having any problems moving your arms?
Mostly I fall forwards.  I do have pain in my arms and shoulders-as well as most of my body due to FMS.  I am just lucky that I have not hurt myself other than scrapes and bruises.  Last week I fell down concrete steps at the school where I work.  I completely missed the last 3 steps.  Luckily I had something in my hands that broke the fall so I did not land face first on the sidewalk.
I don't know too much about FMS so I wasn't thinking along those lines but it may be part of that. Any problems with your vision-visual perceptual problems, no depth perception? Are you tripping over your feet where you can't pick up your toes?? (If you really think about how you are walking)
It certainly can be associated with FMS, but that doesn't mean that's all that can be wrong, don't ever assume anything odd you may experience isn't worth medical attention. I've had FMS for past 15 years, and I have become more "clumsier" and do things like miss steps, or bump into things, etc. Falling could be a sign of many things, serious or not, you should ask your doctor about it. You might want to check out Marshall Protocol. Its a treatment for people with autoimmune diseases, there are so many with FMS & CFS that are doing so well on the treatment (as well as MS, Lupus, and many other things). I just started the MP first of August, and after years and years of searching for help, I think I finally have got some answers. marshallprotocol.com is the website, check out "Essential information about the MP" and "MP FAQ's" first. There's a couple of us here too, that are on it. I asked about it here when I first heard of it, and got some encouraging responses! Be careful, and wear pillows.  : )
i would request an MRI of your spine. It's not normal to just fall for no reason even fibro.   good luck
FMS could be part of the problem but falling or tripping like
you have explained requires pre-thought motion. Talk to Dr.
abt a Brain Mri just to rule out other things. The Frontal Lobe
of the brain deals w/ voluntary motor control along w/ speech/
motivation planning/writing/reasoning. This part of brain is the 'higher functioning' lobe. Gait or walking may be affected
from a short circuit or slight vascular compression. We all
have tripped when rushed. If happens when walking flat, journal
when & reponse to help separate fog vs gait stability. Some meds
make us absent minded. Talk to Dr. abt this & if mri is needed.
They can check gait & general functions in-ofc. Gd-luck.
I JUST HAPPENED TO COME ACROSS THIS SITE, YOUR POSTING REALLY INTERESTED ME, THE SYMPTOMS YOU DESCRIBED, ARE EXTREMELY SIMILAR TO MINE. I HAVE SEEN MY DOCTOR AND SO FAR HE IS BAFFLED.  READING YOUR POSTING HAS REAFFIRMED MY COMMITMENT TO FURTHER RESEARCHING MY PROBLEMS.
Hi- I'm falling down alot too- I am 46, 4'11" tall and wear size 3 in childs shoes (I mention this because a friend said maybe my feet are too small...) and was recently diagnosed with Sciatica- is this a symptom? I just read about the possibility of MS...I am a recovering alcoholic (11 years ;-) While I was drinking I was shaking alot, I know that it was caused by the delirium tremons, but I still tend to shake in my hands and head...I've spent over $4K in recent Medical tests, two weeks ago my legs just gave out from under me- no warning- it was like my upper thighs suddenldy didn't have any strength- I went dow 3 times in one day. Very scarry. Otherwise I am a healthy woman...any ideas out there??? Thanks for your reply :-)
Wow, I think I just read about myself.  I am also a teacher.  I am 45 years old and I also have started falling this past summer.  I started falling about twice a month and have numerous tripping episodes.  I started documenting my falls starting in October after tripping over a crack on my way to a parade.  I have hurt my hand several times and the last fall I could not get my hands in front of me and landed on my face.  That hurt!  Luckily, I only had a bloody nose. I have been to the doctor and have had a brain MRI, several Spinal MRI's, and a nerve ending test.  All of my tests have come back okay, except I do have one nerve that is slow.  Like you my doctor is baffled.  I noticed you talked about FMS.  What exactly is FMS?  Let me know if you think we might have the same thing or if you have any ideas what might be going on.  I am concerned.  Thanks.

Care Bear
A related discussion, why was started.
A related discussion, falling was started.
A related discussion, falling down from standing still was started.
A related discussion, Falling easily was started.
A related discussion, Loosing balance and falling down was started.
A related discussion, falling over was started.
A related discussion, Falling Down was started.
I have similar problems with balance, no perceivable triggers.
One minute I could be standing just fine, the next ? Well, the best way to describe it is that I suddenly feel as though I'm standing on a flat board over a ball, or barrel.  
The cause is an after effect from an acute stroke I recently had.
I bring it up because when it occurred, there was of course "no doubt" that something was wrong, and I was admitted to the hospital immediately on arrival.
However, during the testing and diagnosing period, it was discovered from scans that prior to that acute stroke,  I had previously suffered "many" small strokes over the years and had "never known it".
You may benifit from exploring that possibility. Although rare, like arthritis, strokes can also strike the younger generations too.      
I am.I also have FMS and drop foot. I fall a lot when trying to turn.
Hi there - I read your post - any resolution? My brother has something similar
Hi there - any update on your condition? My brother has something similar.  I want to help him!