Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Falling down and shaking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Falling down and shaking

Hello, something weird just happened to me. I was getting up from the bed after sitting down for a while, I went to get something but suddenly everything infront of my eyes blackened and I heard some kind of vibrating sound ? (sorry english is not my first language) and I was shaking and I fell to the floor, I don't remember falling down. All this lasted for a few seconds. What is the cause of this? Please help me!
Have your Dr to check you for VERDIGO an HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There are many causes of dizziness, lightheadedness, passing out, blackouts etc. It is difficult to comment without examination. I am just enumerating the possible causes. You can discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Dizziness could be due to postural hypotension (blood pressure falling with change of position), internal ear problems and cervical spondylitis or compression of cervical spinal nerves. All these cause dizziness when you get up from lying down position or when you change position that results in a change in the level of your head. Cervical spondylitis and ear problems also cause dizziness on changing the position of the neck.
Other causes are anemia, GERD, hypoglycemia or low sugar.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Sounds like you stood up to fast. It happens to me also. It doesn't happen all the time. If it continues make an appointment with you doctor. Look up Vaso-Vagail.I think that's the correct spelling. Many people have it their whole life and never know. But I would not rely on this, I'm not a doctor.Stand up slower next time. It could also be your blood pressure dropped real low. Like I said if it continues go see a doctor. Good Luck,