Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Fatigue/Nausea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Fatigue/Nausea

Hi Doc,
I started out with Flu like symptoms on 3/15 with a possible fever (never checked), cough(flegm), congestion, scratchy throat, and fatigue...I kicked all the symptoms except for fatigue and nausea.  I feel like I get dizzy at times and my legs are not 100% underneath me, feel weak at times.  Doc put me on antibiotics for a possible sinus infection, as I did complain of a lot stuffiness in the forehead/nasal area, and I was on that for more than 2 weeks.  Week1, he gave me Biaxin, then in week2, he gave me something stronger, amox/clav and pseudovent for 10 days.  I finished the respective cycles and I was still feeling tired at times...he then took a blood test and a urinalysis and everything came back normal except for a elevated Bilirubin count.  Normal count is (.2-1.5), I was at 2.0.  Ive never felt like this before ever so im obviosuly worried.  Im very active in working out, partying, drinking, and smoking.  Ive also had unprotected sex in the past before (4 times within 2 years, all with females, Im heterosexual) but the most recent was on 3/11.  Dumb moves I know, but can any of these feelings and results be linked what I just described?  I feel like Im getting better but its almost been a month and Im not as tired as I used to be but I still have those feelings to know that Im not myself at this point, or atleast, not 100%.  What do you think my next move should be and what do you think I may be diagnosed with?  Please feel free to ask me additonal questions and thanks for your time.
Biliruben is the orange or yellow colored pigment in bile.  It is derived from hemoglobin of red blood cells that have completed their life cycle and are destroyed and ingested in the liver, spleen, and red bone marrow.  It is carried by the blood to the liver and changed chemically and excreted in the bile as it passes through the intestines.  When biliruben accumulates in the blood it leads to jaundice, the yellow coloration of the skin and eyes. This is sometimes indicative of liver damage, although liver damage is not the only cause of jaundice.  When biliruben is in the blood above normal limits, but not high enough to indicate liver damage, the patient will often feel run down and tired.  Lots of sleep and rest are required until the biliruben levels return to normal.  You just haven't "gotten there" yet.  Have patience.  If you aren't feeling better after having this for a month, then have your doctor do another blood test to see if you are back within normal range.
Just an FYI...this is patient to patient.  Not doctored moderated.