Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Feeling Hungry after a Meal

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Feeling Hungry after a Meal

I just recently started cutting junk food out of my diet. I've lost about four pounds, but this weekend I started getting stomach aches and the feeling that I am still hungry after I've just eaten. The feeling is almost like my stomach is going to growl, but it doesn't. On Friday I kept eating to satisfy the "hunger" but woke up the next morning with a stomachache- as if I'd eaten too much. I got my meningococcal, varicella, and HPV vaccines this Friday also, but I doubt that's the cause. I've been drinking more water, and just today I've tried taking anti-acids to help, but I still feel hungry about 30 after a good meal. I've been taking vitamins also, I don't know what's wrong. Is it because I've lost weight?
Don't know exactly what you are eating because you do not say.
Apparently it takes 20 minutes for the brain to recognise the the belly is full.

East slowly and chew each mouthful well before swallowing.
Eat foods that contain fibre and protein rather than too much carbohydrates like rice and pasta.  There is information of the web with regard to the proportion sizes of a good balanced diet.

Protein foods (meats, nuts, pulses) are more filling and satisfying.  it takes longer for them to be digested so you feel satisfied for longer.

If you feel hungry, eat a piece of fruit or have a drink of water.
Are you eating portion sizes that are too small?

I experience the same problem from time to time, especially when I have a meal that contains no protein.  

Best wishes.
I Think it's just your body adjusting to smaller portions of food. I'm exactly the same. Cut out the junk, and limited my food intake. I fill up quicker but also get that hunger feeling quickly after. i'm just going to wait it out and see if it improves over time. For me I believe it's just the sudden change in diet and my body getting use to it.