Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Feeling Lightheaded always

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Feeling Lightheaded always

Hello I have a question,

For several months now i have been feeling lightheaded sometimes it dis appears.

I am really worried that it could be brain tumor, I went to my doctor and had my self checked up. I had also an executive panel and it turned out that my cholesterol was high.  and my blood pressure was at 135/80.

Can this be the one causing my lightheaded feeling? I had a CT scan a few months ago and it came out negative. and I have no other symptoms other than this lightheaded feeling.

I'm just scared about this thinking it might be a brain tumor. Or is it just anxiety? Right now my lymph nodes are swollen and I'm having this panic attack that it might have something to do with a brain tumor.

Can anyone help?

Anxiety can cause all sorts of horrible symptoms, dizziness is one of the common ones.  You should also keep track of the amount of water you consume during the day to make sure you are not dehydrated.  Low blood sugar, thyroid imbalance, extremely high blood pressure(around 190/120 or above), many prescription and OTC supplements can cause dizziness too.
Avatar n tn
thank you for the help, how would I know that I have anxiety? I went to my neurologist as he says what I am feeling is just psychological.. So a blood pressure of 140 can't cause dizziness or even the cholesterol levels?
i think it sounds likea panic attack are u male orfemale? if femalecould u be pregnant?
Avatar n tn
i'm a guy.. yeah sometimes i do feel they are panic attacks.. but the thing that worries me is that I have been feeling for almost 8 months already.. what can this feeling be?
Your CT scan showed nothing...thus no brain tumor.  Trust me, cancer survivor. CT scan would have shown it...unless they didn't check the head/neck area.  But just remember, there are thousands of diseases and conditions that can present with dizziness, it doesn't mean brain tumor.

Cholesterol levels, probably aren't your problem, the high blood pressure could be.  If you don't feel it's related to your panic attacks and your docs aren't taking your concerns seriously, FIND A NEW DOCTOR.

Not all doctors know what's best.  I went to several who told me my jaw pain was dental, and a few dentists who told me it was my imagination. Took going to see yet another doctor, an ENT, to take my pain serious enough to find a very, very rare form of throat cancer.  

Take your health seriously.  If you KNOW this isn't normal then find a specialist who agrees.  Just don't assume the worst, that will just drive you crazy and could lead to confusing psychological symptoms.  
Avatar n tn
Thanks for your insight.. I think it might be the blood pressure. I notice every time I have the feeling of being lightheaded i hop unto a treadmill and run for about 30 to 45 mins after that the feeling goes away. I don't know why.

Already went to an ENT he says that I had a build up of ear wax in my left ear which might cause the lightheaded feeling he was able to take it out but the feeling was still there.

I went to neurologist, he did some test on me and told me it was all just psychological on my part.

My cardiologist did give me something to lower cholesterol levels which helped but after a month he took me off it because he wanted me to do it naturally given I'm still at a young age.