Feeling extremely cold for no obvious reason.. NOT NORMAL
Okay I have seen a lot of "chills" questions on here and they all seem to have the same answers, like thyroid, vitamin B, ect. My boyfriend has been having the following symptoms for years and he does not have medical insurance and cannot afford to see a dr. If we go to a cheap or free walk in clinic, they will tell us it is a virus and send us home, I know it. So please help, his top 3 symptoms are...

1. Severe feeling of being cold as the main symptom (when it's not cold in the room and there is NO reason for being cold like just getting out of the shower)
2. Chills, shaking, shivering as the second most severe symptom
3. Joint aches
Also....
4. Always happens between late evening and midnight (ie right before bed)
5. Cold feeling does not subside after putting 2 or more comforters on.
6. Only ends when you eventually fall asleep and then you just feel drained in the morning
7. No anxiety, loss of consciousness or memory, or any other neurological symptoms
8. Doesn't happen very often but has been going on for years
9. Rarely take medication
10. Almost never gets sick
Also forgot to mention that he has increased heart rate during these episodes... I'm not sure what his body temp is at the time, but I will see next time.
Has he got iron checked recently? I am aniemic and that sounds alot like what i go through when iron level is low. Have him try eating more foods with iron in them maybe it will help.... best wishes
i hadthings like that before i was diagnoed with leukaemia... however, they said it could have been other things before i got fully diagnosed, so i am not saying it is what i had... but the pains and the shakes... if you can't afford to go to a private doctor, then maybe you should try a walk in clinic one more time and ask for a bloo test, because they should let you have those for free and blood tests can tell a lot about someones health, and often what the problem is :) i hope i helped just a little bit best wishes :)