Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Feeling faint with head pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Feeling faint with head pain

My 17yo dtr. felt faint last night, became pale and c/o pain on top of head. At the time she was also very nauseated and dizzy. All symptoms came on within an hour; had been fine at dinner table.  This morning she had puffiness beneath both eyes and continuing slight headache. No swelling anywhere else. She is a runner on cross country and track teams. Otherwise healthy. About 4 mos. ago fainted at school after hitting her elbow on a wooden chair - was told it was probably a vasovagal response. She hit her head on the way down and had a CAT scan which showed nothing. I took her B/P last night although not sure whether equip was accurate but got 172/104 - her B/P and pulse are normally low; pulse was 92 last night. About 1 yr ago she almost fainted (became dizzy/nauseated) when having blood drawn. She ran 4mi. yesterday in track and insisted she had plenty to drink throughout the day. I'm not sure what to think. Siblings and parents healthy although I had Grave's and take thyroid med now. Are these within the realm of normal or does this need followup? Tx.