Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Feeling light-headed every now and then (Asthma & GERD)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hello, this is my very first post here. I am a 27 year old male, height 179 cm weight 81 kgs, and I have asthma since i was a child, and I have been doing the insanity workout for some time (heart rate is always up, and i burn almost 500-600 calories in 50 mins on average). After 3 weeks or so I noticed that, when I'm extremely tires, I was facing some issues like just sitting down watching tv and out of no where i gasp for air and feel my heart racing, but that only happened twice and only when i was feeling really tired. With that feeling I had a slight discomfort in my chest on the left side, it wasn't pain it was just a feeling that goes away when i burp. I stopped insanity for about a month and I was feeling fine. I also play football 2-3 times a week. Then, about a week ago I travelled and the day I travelled my heart rate was a bit higher than usual because I am not fond of airplanes, I stayed there for just 2 days and came back. Because it was a long flight, I felt quite tired. The day after I got back, I did insanity again, and this time my heart was pumping really fast and I felt I needed a lot of air because I was constantly stopping and breathing hard, but I continued. And ever since that day, I wasn't feeling "normal"..

I rested the whole day but I felt my heart still racing, the next day I played football. I felt fine during football, but about an hour after the game I took some deep breaths and then I felt that I was going to faint. Felt dizzy so I panicked and my heart started racing. Since then, i constantly feel light headed when playing or whatever, so I went and took a blood test and thankfully everything was normal. I usually had difficulty breathing, like losing the way I normally breathe which causes me to panic, so I try and calm myself down, but see that I was not quite comfortable with the way I was breathing. So I went to the doctor after that and told him my story, and he told me that I had Gastroesophageal reflux disease. He gave me a list of what not to eat, and told me to rest. He also told me to take Pariet twice a day, and gave me medication for my asthma. I rested about a week, then the next I started jogging lightly and all was good, I was even breathing normally and the lightheadedness was almost gone, or at least I don't remember having issues... until yesterday, I played football after resting for 2 weeks and saw that I was feeling light headed while playing.. So I panicked just a bit and felt my heart pounding. Whenever I panic I lose my way of breathing normally and so causes me to panic even more, but only for a few seconds, in a few minutes I'm back breathing normally. I continued playing a bit more thinking that it'll go away, but no it didnt. I read that this may happen because of GERD but I want to know what do I have to do to make it stop? I never used to feel this way, and I'm quite an active person. So please advise.