Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Feeling like I am going to pass out
About This Forum:

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Feeling like I am going to pass out

I feel like I am going to pass out for no apparent reason, it comes out of no where and seems to be happening more frequently especially when taking my kids to the doctor or whenever I am nervous about something.  It is starting to interfere with my everyday life I dont even want to go to the grocery store by myself.  Have had my blood sugar tested and everything came back okay. Sometimes when my blood presure is checked it is low.  Could this be borderline low blood sugar?  I dont eat very well and probably ingest alot of caffeine could this be why I feel this way..I am in reasonably good health and not overweight I do smoke about a pack a day and have taken diet pills in the past that had enery enhancers in them. I really would like to find out if this is a health problem or anxiety related. Please Help
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
Low blood sugar is a possibility.  Checking a fasting blood sugar can be done, and further testing (i.e. insulin levels) can be done if it is abnormally low.

I would also consider Holter monitor or event monitor to look for heart rhythm abnormalities, as well as an echocardiogram to evaluate for structural damage.

Neurologic disease can also lead to this finding, and a brain MRI and neck ultrasound can be done as an initial screen.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
0 Comments
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
Get your hematocrit checked, and also have your physician take orthostatic vital signs.
Blank
hi... i also have been getting lightheaded episodes that come out of nowhere,i also feel a pressure feeling in my head when this happens.  they last for 15-30 seconds and are happening several times a day.  it is really starting to affect my life, i would love to hear if this is any thing like yours.    tino
Blank
last night i was with my sister, making cookies. and suddenly i feel super dizzy, and i have felt this way before because i almost had a heat stroke one time but this was different. i started loosing my hearing and eye sight, my stomach was also in intense pain, all i knew to do was sit down and drink a **** load of water. i dont know why this happend can you help me!?
Blank
A related discussion, Close Call Faints was started.
Blank
A related discussion, passing out was started.
Blank
A related discussion, passing out? was started.
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703